Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Weekend in Wexford in July

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

A crew of us aged from 70 to possibly 1 are going for an extended family weekend to Wexford in July. The purpose of the visit is to visit the old family house in Old Ross at some stage and we are wondering where is nice to stay for all ages. Some will want golf, some will want shops and there will be kids there as well. What area do you suggest and if you have details of self catering accomodation in that area it would be appreciated. It will be min 15 people. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Look up Whitford House on the outskirts of Wexford town. Lovely family run hotel with nice leisure centre and playground outside - and nice food. Golf look up Wexford golf club or Enniscorthy/ New Ross equally nice. If the golfers want to splash out a little check out Bunclody Golf Club !
    Wexford town has nice shopping in the town centre and a Playzone close to Whitford for kids under 12.
    Enjoy your trip !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Malerie

July is a great time of year to visit Wexford. I love Kilmore Quay and there's a great new little bistro type restaurant opposite the playground. Mary Barry's in Kilmore Village is fab for food and also good atmosphere. For shopping, try Country Crafts in Kilmore Quay and The Forge in Baldwinstown, not too far away. Also, I love Ballycross Apple Farm which should still be open then, but you'd have to check. But lovely. These websites may be of help:

www.nu2u.ie
    www.ballycross.com
    http://www.kilmorequayweb.com/

Have fun and I hope the sun shines for you!!!

Advertisement