Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the market for a computer capable of editing hd video

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

looking good.
    yea installing the os is that simple once you learn how to get into the bios your sorted (should say how in your motherboard manual but it's usually the "del" key)

Brilliant thanks for all your help buddy.

Made transfer during lunch hour, cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

i know tihs pc is for video editing but do you think you'll play a few games on it aswell because you can ;)

i know tihs pc is for video editing but do you think you'll play a few games on it aswell because you can ;)

Yeah i reckon so

Whats the story with them processing it? Bank transferred them 2 days ago and sent them 2 emails since yet no reply. They are a big company no?

yea there a fairly big company so they can take awhile to reply because they mor than likely have other customers to deal with but i say the bank transfer still hasn't been cleared espiecally with irish banks because they try to hold onto it as long as they can to collect the intrest off it oh so i hear anyway

• Advertisement

yea there a fairly big company so they can take awhile to reply because they mor than likely have other customers to deal with but i say the bank transfer still hasn't been cleared espiecally with irish banks because they try to hold onto it as long as they can to collect the intrest off it oh so i hear anyway

No charge on a self service transfer with AIB anyway... Says to take up to 3 days anyway but if its not through tomorrow ill be annoyed. Am definitely hoping to get it next week. If it gets shipped by friday I reckon DHL will deliver it here Monday.

well from my expierence with hwvs once the money comes through there very quick sending it out the most i was ever left waiting on something for them was about a week and a half probably slightly longer for yourself tho beings that they'll have to assemble it for you aswell

well from my expierence with hwvs once the money comes through there very quick sending it out the most i was ever left waiting on something for them was about a week and a half probably slightly longer for yourself tho beings that they'll have to assemble it for you aswell

How long does it really take to assemble?

a day i presume because that's how long it only takes me but then again there could be other pc's quede for assembly so i can say for sure =/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

a day i presume because that's how long it only takes me but then again there could be other pc's quede for assembly so i can say for sure =/
    They could probably put it together the same they it would be shipped normally if they receive payment early . Probably won't install graphics card.

• Advertisement

according to pc configuator they do assemble it with the 5770 and some coolers like a acf7 so maybe the 5770 is small enough not to cause damage which makes sence considering they don't waight alot

any progress to update on sprrratt?

Completely forgot about the thread completely. Ive just been so amazed using the new pc. It fits exactly what I wanted. Editing HD video in the likes of Vegas and AE without lag in the preview window. Even has twice as fast rendering speed as the old pc while using multiple other apps.

It came and i almost shart myself when I saw the motherboard box sealed as if it wasnt opened. Feared the worst that it wasnt assembled! That would have been a pain :pac:

Fortunately it was all assembled and all the drivers, utilities, instructions, etc was inside the motherboard box. The cooler fan I ordered separate wasnt installed however the case has a built in fan.

Thanks a million IrishMetalHead :D

did you get round to installing the new cooler then? because thos stock cpu coolers are terrible

did you get round to installing the new cooler then? because thos stock cpu coolers are terrible

I didnt actually. Thanks for the advice. Not sure where I could screw it to tho... Have to install a PCI wireless adapter anyway so ill try later :)

its easy enough just read the manul that comes with the cooler

its easy enough just read the manul that comes with the cooler

Yeah grand, should be a suitable place to screw it tho?

heres an unboxing video so you should get an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAL-T9u3bmc

and heres a pic of how the cooler should mount on your motherboard:

5252002547_05cb2a610e.jpg

Took 2 DVD drives from my old PC to the new one and after a day of them all working they are not working anymore :( arrgghhh

Advertisement