Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop and WHV

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what are peoples opinions on bringing a laptop on a WHV...? Myself and a couple of mates will be staying with an uncle for the first couple of weeks and then moving on but we haven't set any plans in stone. At some stage we are also planning on travelling.

Cheers

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

AndRoiD wrote: »
    just wondering what are peoples opinions on bringing a laptop on a WHV...?
    i'm sorry, was there a real question here? maybe buy a power adapter? is it a netbook? ya know, 'cos laptops are annoying to carry ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭AndRoiD

apologies if I was unclear,

I meant in terms of hostels and things like that... did people experience things being stolen? Would it be a burden constantly having to haul it about etc... anything along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I seen loads of people carrying them around when travelling

yes potential of them being stolen - but I'm sure there can be safes somewhere etc

Advertisement