Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recomend me an artist

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

im looking to get a really nice rose design with pettles etc on the inside of my arm at the top , i have a few ideas from pictures etc that i like but i want to go to a good artist who will make it their own but the way i like/want it. i want this to be the start of my sleeve so i want it to be nice etc
    if you can help or tell me an artist that would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I think you will have to give a bit more information about the style of tattoo you want for people on here to help. DO you want the roses done in colour? Black and grey? Do you want it done in a traditional style, japanese style or another?? If you post pictures of what you have in mind that might give people a good idea on who to advise you to go to.

ALso as you say you want this to be the start of your sleeve, the style of this will influence the rest of the sleeve, so bear that in mind when picking a style to go for.

hope this has been of some help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the first one i want that sort of shading
    the second one ,i like the shape of the ross and the dark colour
    the third ,the red rose ,the certain style of the rose (dont know what to call it)
    te forth ,again the style of the rose
    the fifth , because of the detail of the leaves etc surrounding the rose etc

im unsure of weather to get it in colour or not ,again you might know what im lookingto get done and the style by the pictures i attached ,if you can recomend anyone in dublin city that would be great
    cheers

and im lookin for the style of the sleeve to be like shaded designs with clouds etc ,i havent got a clue how to explain it or saying the right names ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Looks like you have done a good bit of research on this piece!

Sounds like this could be a great start to your sleeve but just make sure to let which ever artist you pick know that this is going to be the start of a sleeve so they can keep that in mind when finishing the piece.

I know Darren and Rob in colourworks have done some interesting pieces similar to what you are looking for, Darren has done some very good religious style work with lots of black and grey shading for the main piece and then a red rose in the middle of the tattoo. The contrast between the black and grey and red looks great! I think that the links for the colourworks studio is gone in the portfolio section but i know that he has the shops page under his name on facebook, so search Darren Brauders and you will see both his and robs work.

I know I am leading you towards colourworks here but thats only because I know the work that they are producing, some other people here may be able to recommend some other studios that would suit the style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

One the lads in colour works did a class rose on my birds shoulder last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jmcadublin

another shout for colourworks. top lads and keep to their word also listen to what you want and run with it. darren done my piece but rob seems really talented so you wouldn't be in bad hands. check the work before and after.

lads cheers for the input i know rob very well actually iv gotten a tatto done by him but from what iv seen rob's style is like rockabilly etc and thats what kind of put me off you know .

and im not on facebook to check the photos:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jmcadublin

from what i've seen of rob's portfolio i don't know how you can typecast him with a rockabilly style. it's neither rock and roll or hillbilly. the lad can draw and tattoo and would no doubt come up with a design once consulted.

i know yea im constantly seeing rob drawing up sketches etc maybe i just used totally the wrong word to explain his style

• Advertisement
Advertisement