Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are you voting no.1?

• 03-02-2011 12:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

who are you voting. the boards.ie survey 02/02/11

no.1 151 votes

Fine Gael
    0% 0 votes
    Labour
    33% 51 votes
    Greens
    26% 40 votes
    Finna Fail
    2% 4 votes
    Sinn Fein
    9% 15 votes
    other
    27% 41 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

im voting for no1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I call the big one bitie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Labour 1 and 2.

1 2 uniflu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'll vote for Tintin if he promises to do all his homework straight after school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

We need benign Dictatorship,

I wanna be ruled by Johnny Giles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Vote Quimby

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Labour all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Fapper Mc Fapperty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭jaffa20

People voting for Fianna Fail must be taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

jaffa20 wrote: »

No joke, I'd vote for them before I'd vote for FG. Of course in reality neither are getting my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Don't underestimate the cult of the gombeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

First three canvassers who call to my door are definitely not getting my vote.

That's Hildegarde Naughton ruled out twice.

One space left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

As are those who'd tick SF or Greens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Labour
    Sinn Fein then?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Sinn Fein then?

Looking at the poll, AH must be a pile of terrorists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

or kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Sinn Féin 'cause of their stance on defaulting the private bank debt

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Sinn Féin 'cause of their stance on defaulting the private bank debt

What a ULA dumb-bag approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

FG I think, the only ones who put a bit of thought into their policies and have been pushing them for years. Labour only bothered to fire its policies up a month or so ago, and even then its mostly "increase taxes to pay off our union buddies".

/straightens asbestos hat

• Advertisement

Fianna Fáil - Terrorist gombeens banker bitches
    Fine Gael - Terrorists and Fascists
    Labour - Trade Union Fine Gael bitches
    Sinn Féin - Terrorists
    Greens - Idiot Hippies with no backbone
    ULA - Madcap Marxists

No wonder we're ****ed

What a ULA dumb-bag approach.

Read this

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-01/iceland-proves-ireland-did-wrong-things-saving-banks-instead-of-taxpayer.html
    “Iceland did the right thing by making sure its payment systems continued to function while creditors, not the taxpayers, shouldered the losses of banks,” says Nobel laureate Joseph Stiglitz, an economics professor at Columbia University in New York. “Ireland’s done all the wrong things, on the other hand. That’s probably the worst model.”
    Arnason will have a better chance of keeping his countrymen home if Iceland can resume growth as predicted. It would also help prove his predecessors were right to let the country’s banks fail: Ireland, which rescued its financial institutions, is on the way to shrinking for a fourth consecutive year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Okay I'll say it. Sinn Fein.

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    FG I think, the only ones who put a bit of thought into their policies and have been pushing them for years. Labour only bothered to fire its policies up a month or so ago, and even then its mostly "increase taxes to pay off our union buddies".

/straightens asbestos hat

Hmmm, was looking at this new Amhrán Nua Party but after seeing this sort of ignorance being spouted by one of their representatives I have some immediate reservations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Admiral Ackbar has really impressed me with his stance on the banking crisis so its a Rebel Alliance No.1 from me

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

is it me or is it highly insulting to be called a terrorist or a chlid just because you vote sinn fein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Sinn Fein are going to be leading the next dail :eek: :D

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    is it me or is it highly insulting to be called a terrorist or a chlid just because you vote sinn fein.

Quieten down child, Sinn Féin = Terrorists.

Hmmm, was looking at this new Amhrán Nua Party but after seeing this sort of ignorance being spouted by one of their representatives I have some immediate reservations.
    Yeah, we're trying to get rid of the whole "votes for favours" thing so we're pretty much just telling it like it is. ;) Speaking of facts, when exactly did Labour put its policies up, and how much do they plan to cut expenditure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sinn Féin.

Pearse Doherty's speech on the Budget Day had pointed me to who I would vote for. Fine Gael and Labour just implied their opposition stance, but Pearse Doherty shouted at Fianna Fáil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

UDAWINNER wrote: »

Don't let it get to you. especially when its yank wanna be fine gael supporters giving you crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

If Gerry Adams promises to bring back baywatch, I'll votail him uimhir amháin

CorkMan wrote: »
    Sinn Féin.

Pearse Doherty's speech on the Budget Day had pointed me to who I would vote for. Fine Gael and Labour just implied their opposition stance, but Pearse Doherty shouted at Fianna Fáil.

Pearse Doherty is just the new gramophone of Sinn Féin, he stood up in the Dáil for 40 minutes and started rambling on and on about things we've heard about over 9,000 times before and put forward no solutions. Sinn Féin have proven that they know absolutely feck all about what they're talking about, the same with the ULA.

Yeah, we're trying to get rid of the whole "votes for favours" thing so we're pretty much just telling it like it is. ;) Speaking of facts, when exactly did Labour put its policies up, and how much do they plan to cut expenditure?
    http://www.labour.ie/policy/ - nice bit of reading there.

I know they want to cut PS expenditure by €400 million or so.

look up the video again, he did put forward solutions, one using the 7bn pension reserve fund to kick start job stimulus, back your shíte up with facts, will you

• Advertisement

http://www.labour.ie/policy/ - nice bit of reading there.
    Oh I know, I've read it. That's not what I asked you.
    I know they want to cut PS expenditure by €400 million or so.
    Which is what, 2% of the exchequer deficit? Gilmore's going to need a whole lot of taxes to make up the rest.

look up the video again, he did put forward solutions, one using the 7bn pension reserve fund to kick start job stimulus, back your shíte up with facts, will you

What video? What's wrong with wanting to use the PRF to jump start job stimulus through a Strategic Investment Bank?

Oh I know, I've read it. That's not what I asked you.

Sorry, most of them were finalised and published between December 2010 and January 2011.

the video of his speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Pearse Doherty is just the new gramophone of Sinn Féin, he stood up in the Dáil for 40 minutes and started rambling on and on about things we've heard about over 9,000 times before and put forward no solutions. Sinn Féin have proven that they know absolutely feck all about what they're talking about, the same with the ULA.

I am sure that they aren't clueless when it comes to economic policies. Fine Gael/Labour could be similar to Fine Fail/Greens, so the more Sinn Féin that gets in their the better.

Anything is better than out last governmnent.

• Advertisement

What video? What's wrong with wanting to use the PRF to jump start job stimulus through a Strategic Investment Bank?
    I'll tell you what's wrong, €7 billion plus the €17 billion we're putting into the "bailout"= about €3 billion more than is in the NPRF. Irish politics really is a circus, which is what happens when you put small town activists and barristers in charge of developed western countries.
    Sorry, most of them were finalised and published between December 2010 and January 2011.
    Okay, so where were the policies since 2007? Who would follow a party without any national policies, what's the point of even having a party in that case?

the video of his speech

That policy was basically copied from Labour's.

Okay, so where were the policies since 2007? Who would follow a party without any national policies, what's the point of even having a party in that case?

Well obviously they had policies but they get updated (in terms of figures, economic projections, etc..) every once in a while. This isn't an unusual practice for any party really. You can't have nitty gritty policies lying around the website that were based on 2007 figures. They have a basic outline of what they stand for in their party manifesto which their policies in turn are built around.

Well obviously they had policies
    No, they didn't. Up until December 2010, Labour had no published policies. You were explaining where the other 98% of the deficit reduction was going to come from? Do understand, I'm not against you personally, but Labour is so far beyond a joke its actually hazardous, in a very literal sense. FG may only be a notch better, but it's still better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I've love to name and shame anyone who votes FF but I suppose we do live in a democracy.....for now:P

Message to Enda Kenny if you're reading this.
    Make a plan for the countries future, not the next 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

Best thing for this country is to turn it into a park for dinosaurs, and feed them TD's and public servants slaves every 3 days for public amusement. charge everyone €20 to see and sell hats at the gate which should generate enough money to run the country ...
    for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I have no idea. I start ruling out a party and I'm ending up with no-one by the end of it. :cool:

No, they didn't. Up until December 2010, Labour had no published policies. You were explaining where the other 98% of the deficit reduction was going to come from? Do understand, I'm not against you personally, but Labour is so far beyond a joke its actually hazardous, in a very literal sense. FG may only be a notch better, but it's still better.

Eh what? Are you seriously trying to say that for a 3-year period between 2007 and 2010 Labour had absolutely no policies listed on their website? Yeah, pull another one. This gag about Labour is so old it's cringeworthy. Please take a look at archived document listings here. I remember back in early-mid 2010 some people I know in Labour Youth went a campaign sending emails to some radio/tv presenters providing them with links to labour's policy documents.

A note on FG, we're entering election season and they don't have a detailed account of their policies on their new website.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Will be voting for right-leaning parties/candidates. We need a government to invigorate investment and scare it away. So that rules out SF/IRA, Labour and Lefties. Pains me to say it but will prob vote FF No3 after FG 1 & 2. Although the fact that both FG and Labour are in favour of a retrospective ban on Upward Only Rent Reviews worries me, a pure populist move, of which its consequences are not thought out.

We have billions of Irish property developers, and NAMA, who need to shift property off their balance sheets, and inject cash (ideally foreign cash), banning Upward Only's will not encourage foreign investors to buy such property, and further impair the property market and drive property prices further into the gutter - putting the NAMA project at further risk.

I'll put the country first and all that in my voting. G'wan Richie Bruton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sinn Féin no 1, maybe an independent as no 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement