Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview

Options
  • 03-02-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Might be wrong thread here, but I figure people here might be able to give some insight.
    I just found out tonight that I have an interview (or "chat" as they said, so it does seem a bit casual) for a video production internship. How much of my previous work do people think I should bring in? Would they have specifically requested if they wanted me to bring in DVDs? And if I do bring stuff, should it be full length short films I've made, or just a few clips from one or two edited together in a sort of show reel thing? Everything I've made is available online somewhere, but I suppose a CD is more professional?
    I really would love this job so would hate to ruin my chances by just being unprepared, but I havent much time to plan!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

Rather be over-prepared and come across as eager and keen for the position than show up empty handed, that's my opinion.

Definitely put together a showreel on DVD to leave with them. If they ask for one, you have it in hand, if they don't ask for one, mention you brought it and leave it with them.

My showreel menu layout has info about each clip under a thumbnail so that they can see what the context of the clip is about, as well as its length so they can choose to watch something short or long. Personally, I would prefer to receive a showreel like that, rather than one long sequence jumping in and out of different types of shows.

Put together a few 20sec-1min clips from various things you've done (and make sure they're the best bits!), it's always good for them to see more variety 'cause then they get a feel for what you're capable of doing. If you like, put a longer clip from your short film, say 5mins or so.

Hope that helps & good luck!

Advertisement