Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance/NCB question.

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Right, situation is, and I'll try to explain this as best I can. I was insured in 2009 with the same company I still am now. At the time it was 550euro. I had a crash (my fault no one else involved) with 2 months of my policy left. Claim was settled and payment received with 3 weeks left on my policy. In the mean time I received my renewal notice.

Ok so new car bought and driving still on the 2009 policy with adjustments made for new motor. Renewed in 2010 costing around 650euro. I was thinking it seemed a bit cheep but a quick calculation 20% for no claims I was thinking happy days.

2011 I get my renewal and it's 1150euro so straight on the phone and it turns out they didn't bother taking my no claims last year and decided to take it this year. so at this stage I have 1 year driving with no claim but no no claims bonus.

Firstly I'm thinking with the increase in car insurance in the last year the loss of my no claims bonus is costing more this year than last, just because they didn't bother to do it in 2009 with 3 weeks to do it.

secondly I'm asking if I went to another company could I say I've a year no claims?

Is there anything else I should know if I try to change provider?

Thanks if ya even read this:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Most insurance companies wont take you on unless you have 3 years no claims!

What ever you do, be honest with the broker/insurance company - if you arent honest they may disallow any future claim, and of course they will insist on proof of your "one year" no claims anyway

When shopping around after my wife had a claim, I found the AA most helpful, but talk to them, dont get a quote online

Advertisement