Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with old data CD-R's on new Laptop! any suggestions?

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

So, my old lappy went kablooie a few months ago after years of problems and numerous OS reinstalls and general tech voodoo.(fujitsu-seimens amilo d 1845 running XP home).
    I bought a new laptop there a few weeks ago-(Acer aspire 5336 running Windows 7) and it's been going grand enough.
    But when I try to rip my old jpg's and psd files from the backup discs that I made, the application freezes after only 3 or 4 files.
    I've tried importing them in various different ways, even trying to open them in photoshop and re-save them, or even copying them one at a time, but once the disc is in a few minutes it just becomes useless!
    having even less luck today.
    The old laptop exploded, so these discs are all I have to work from.
    Anyone, help me out?confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

grumula wrote: »
    So, my old lappy went kablooie a few months ago after years of problems and numerous OS reinstalls and general tech voodoo.(fujitsu-seimens amilo d 1845 running XP home).
    I bought a new laptop there a few weeks ago-(Acer aspire 5336 running Windows 7) and it's been going grand enough.
    But when I try to rip my old jpg's and psd files from the backup discs that I made, the application freezes after only 3 or 4 files.
    I've tried importing them in various different ways, even trying to open them in photoshop and re-save them, or even copying them one at a time, but once the disc is in a few minutes it just becomes useless!
    having even less luck today.
    The old laptop exploded, so these discs are all I have to work from.
    Anyone, help me out?confused.gif

What application are you using?
    Have you tried ripping a normal music cd to see will it freeze also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

try running a linux livecd,eg linux mint, 32bit x86 version.TRY the older,2008 version, 600meg,fits on 1 cdr.
    GOOGLE linux mint download.Runs from cd ,no need to install it.

Advertisement