Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored under the wrong Occupation

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got no-one to blame other than myself I suppose but with the excitement of getting my visa after all the trouble i had I never checked things properly. To cut a long story short Im on a 457 for 1 yr. Been looking at PR & also considering changing jobs. (well same job, different company) While checking it all up I noticed that my 'Primary Visa Holder Occupation' on my visa is actually incorrect. Is it possible to get the occupation changed.

Reason I ask is if I try change companies they will need to continue my sponsorship and the title isin't correct. Or if I decided to try go for a skilled migration visa the occupation on my current 457 is wrong.

I know I could stay with my current employer for another year and just follow that process but I don't know if I could stick it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Couple of questions!

1. What are you doing now and what are you sponsored as?

2. What is your trade/profession?

I ask because I have a friend in a similar situation, she works for a chain of pubs/hostels works in the offices but she is sponsored as a Hotel Manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Im working in the IT industry as a sys admin/pbx tech. I got sponsored, I thought in the IT area but it turns out im sponsored as an Electrical Technician.

I've got the usual IT degrees and then diff cisco/ms/BB certs.

Problem is if I go for the Skilled Visa my current 457 says Elec Tech which needs to get TRA recognition. Obviously I cant do that as I have IT degrees, not a trade.
    Or if I change to another sys admin role in a diff company they would need to continue my sponsorship as an Elec Tech which is clearly not what I am.

So I'm wondering if its easy to change the 457 sponsorship title?

Advertisement