Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally sim

• 03-02-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Do you think there will ever be another rally sim made. We have a fair few racing sims but only 1 dedicated rally sim (Richard Burns Rally) which is a bit dated now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

there was a lot of user made content for that game, the quality of which can be a bit hit and miss...... and it always felt sharper than any other rally game i've ever played!

i think that the WRC is Dying a death at the minute with even more regulation changes and more manufacturers dropping out! so it's very much uncertain if there'll be a modern rally sim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

just like WRC itself is a game of peaks and valleys, either its boom or bust...

when group b went people said the sport died, i called bull on it since collin could never touch tommi and carlos wasnt half back either.

Afaik they sold the rights to RBR and its being remade also a new collin mac rae was on the way but he died and was put on the back burner... :(

kinda freaked their isnt any rally sims, but it isnt an appealing market cause not many can play at the level required to make a section let alone a stage with full simulation ( heck, even i struggle to win a rally in RBR with a wheel and years of exp )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Pdfile wrote: »
    ( heck, even i struggle to win a rally in RBR with a wheel and years of exp )

it was a great game!! must dig it out again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    it was a great game!! must dig it out again!

i just hope they update it, wont run on these newwer graphic cards even with patches but once in a blue moon they do update so heres to waiting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭leoch

did any of u play the new rally game in derry iyts in the new buildings area its got 10 or 12 steering wheels and screens and its class very realistic think the place is called room to race u can do staged timed rallys against each other or touring car or rallycross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 yanogore

Loads of new features are being added to RBR on quite regular basis, you should check out rsrbr2011 for new mods, cars and tracks. There are also mods that really make that game look fresh. Anyway look at that http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178743 or google rsrbr2011 there are loads of clips on youtube too.

Advertisement