Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Framing

• 03-02-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

As in physically framing the produced photo rather than framing a shot.

Has anyone any recommendations for framing?

Either using DIY framing materials, including purchasing ready made frames - I like black frames and could never find any nice ones in shops - the best I came accross were in Reads but I am so incompetent I could never get them to hang right on the wall?

Or, I am more than willing to do my patriotic duty and support a local small business if someone could recommend somewhere which might provide a framing service at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Ikea have loads of nice ready made frames.
    Would also like to know what people pay for professional frames.
    I had a couple of large frames done at cherry lane gallery in delgany for about 70euro not including printing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'd recommend www.360-dpi.com run by a boards member stcstc (Steve), not only can he frame the print, he'll actually produce the print for you, a one stop shop.

I'd also recommend Craft Framing, 3 Dublin Road, Bray, friendly, professional service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thanks dave

yea if anyone want prints, frames, mounts etc

s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

dave66 wrote: »
    I'd recommend www.360-dpi.com run by a boards member stcstc (Steve), not only can he frame the print, he'll actually produce the print for you, a one stop shop.

Yes, Steves the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Jimjay wrote: »
    Ikea have loads of nice ready made frames.
    Would also like to know what people pay for professional frames.
    I had a couple of large frames done at cherry lane gallery in delgany for about 70euro not including printing.
    I got some prints made for Christmas presents from 35mm and 120mm negs and I used black frames from ikea's ribba series, which worked a treat and came in a huge range of sizes
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/categories/series/16456/
    Stock also have some nice frames, they're on south king street near stephen's green

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BrendanRyan

There's a place in baldoyle called art house solutions, great selection of frames, custom made. Also the most fantastic customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Upstairs in Stephens green the shop has a closing down sale,everything halfprice. Had a quick look in today seems like good prices and a good range.
    cant remember the name but ye cant miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Anything in Cork? Need to find a reliable, regular frame supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

+1 for Steve @ www.360-dpi.com
    Professional & friendly service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Another vote for Steve @360-dpi. He has some really nice black frames and does a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

That's great lads thanks for all the suggestions. I'll do my best to pop out to the Boardsie, my bro has just moved to DL and has a habit of putting on Sunday lunches / asking me to babysit so I'll try and kill the two birds with the one stone!

In the meantime I'll try Stephen's Green tomorrow.

Expect another post in early course seeking Blue Peter style directions on how to actually frame it once you've bought the frame. My mother has already given me permission to use a scissors.

Advertisement