Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Summit Scope from Schmidt and Bender

Options
  • 03-02-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.schmidtbender.com/images/downloads/Summit2.5_10x40.pdf

This looks pretty cool. 2.5-10x40, weighs in at 16.9 oz. Nice, tough, lightweight scope for all sorts of stalking, will be very interesting to see the price of it now. Perhaps most interestingly, for S&B, it's second focal plane. Anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Spec wise, it looks built for American market

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jonty wrote: »
    Spec wise, it looks built for American market

I dunno, looks pretty versatile. Nice and light and low profile for tough stalking, but with a useful zoom range for everything from driven type shooting all the way up to long shots way out on the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Yeah I concur.

The Schmidt and Bender addess is an american one, so I doubt we'll see too many official imports. I could be wrong though.

It looks like a strong competitor for the Zeiss Duralyt range.

I wonder about the price though?

Jonty wrote: »
    Yeah I concur.

The Schmidt and Bender addess is an american one, so I doubt we'll see too many official imports. I could be wrong though.

It looks like a strong competitor for the Zeiss Duralyt range.

I wonder about the price though?

I expect it'll be pricey. Got to say though, I really like the look of it. If it's offered here, I'll be looking for prices. That or tracking one down in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Massive eye relief on it. Designed for BIG varmints :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Had it in my hands a year (or two?) ago. Tidy scope.
    I'm sure one could get it here.
    edi

ejg wrote: »
    Had it in my hands a year (or two?) ago. Tidy scope.
    I'm sure one could get it here.
    edi

Never seen it until I happened across it on the S&B site there. Any idea what the price is like edi?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mad sca

I bought my scopes in Island Sports in Castlebar, Mayo and he is the main dealer for Schmidt & Bender scopes in Ireland. The website is:

www.islandsports.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Never seen it until I happened across it on the S&B site there. Any idea what the price is like edi?

Have no idea about the price but I'll be passing S&B at the IWA.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

midwayusa has them for $1500

• Advertisement

Macleods in Scotland have a couple of ex-demo models for a pretty nice price. Must say I'm tempted to change for one of them now.

Advertisement