Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Next Brew

• 03-02-2011 12:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any ideas as to what thier next brew will be? Maybe a recipies they havnt tried yet and are looking forward to?

Myself,i wanna try Nettle Beer but i'm just waiting till the nettles start growing properly!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

yeah, id recommend pineapple champagne.

i made some recently.
    got some cheap pineapples in aldi, juiced 2, put in a 2l pet bottle with sugar (to about og 1.1 id say, didnt measure) and filled to about 3/4 full.

stuck her in the hotpress n released the gas every day until the rate of gas slowed dramatically. then tasted it, was palatable but still sweet.

then stuck it in the spare room (ive the radiator turned off there) and let it condition.

after about 2 weeks (make sure the bottle has gone hard again) I stuck it in the fridge.

it cleared quite nicely but with a lot of sediment in the bottom. when i opened it it fizzed violently which unfortunately mixed the sediment up a bit. poured into a jug and drank.
    extremely nice drink. so nice that I bought 5 pineapples again recently (on sale in lidl this time). juiced and have in a 5l pet with cane sugar (tate n lyle, lidl - alledgedly better than beet sugar..)to about 1.1 og and champagne yeast. this time will bottle condition properly after fermentation so should avoid the sediment issues more or less.

id say you can make it with pineapple juice if the cheap pineapples arent available - obviously hard to predict if the results would be as good....

also, i had a load of pineapple pulp left over, threw it into a fermenting bucket with sugar, about 5 litres h20 and special high alc yeast - to og 1.15 - gonna make some high alcohol hooch hopefully... handy byproduct if it works, if not ive wasted about 2.50e.

Advertisement