Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blown attic insulation

• 03-02-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

which is better, Rolled attic insulation or blown insulation? I got a quote for both and blown is cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

strandsman wrote: »
    which is better, Rolled attic insulation or blown insulation? I got a quote for both and blown is cheaper.

You talking cellulose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

One of the industry wide concern with blown insulation is whether it is breathable or not, some is and some is not.

If a non-breathable product is used then the ceiling timbers are prone to retain moisture from below and rot in due course.

The problem is acerbated by there being no way of knowing what is being used.

You can be shown a suitable product at sign up time but who knows what gets used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

ya celluose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Hi Folks
    I need to top up my attic insulation, I currently have 6 inches (10 years old)of blown in celluose so I want to put in another 6 inches on top of that, Can anyone advise what I should use (preferable non glass fibre, too much iching after!!!) Some one recommended Knauf as it is fine to handle but I dont know what U value etc I should use.:confused:

Advertisement