Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood burning stoves - looking for one serviced Inishowen

Options
  • 03-02-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭

I have just moved into a house with a oldish looking Waterford wood burning stove in the living room.

When I cleaned the soot off the glass the other day I noticed a crack in one of the door panes.

I tested it with a small fire and it appeared to work fine, but I would like the unit checked out generally or serviced to make sure its safe to operate. FYI, I got the chimney cleaned out before I moved in, so thats clear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

As far as im aware there really is nothing you need done. if the chimney is clean that would be the main thing. Is there a boiler? Where abouts are you and I can recommend a stanley agent in your area?

You prob can get replacement glass and advice there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

http://www.waterfordstanley.com/Products/993.htm

It looks like that one, only not as clean:D

Although the small fire I lit went fine, the door seals (metal braiding?) don't look 100%, plus I want to get that cracked glass fixed.

With all the negative press re: carbon monoxide deaths etc, I don't want to go full tilt until a registered installer or service person says its fine.

I will PM you my details. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

McDaids in Buncrana stocks them, I assume they should be able to help.
    Its just to the left of the chapel as you approach from clonmany/inishowen direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for that, and to Stephen.

Will make contact with someone about it.

Advertisement