Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Namesco really have servers sited near Ballinhinch, North Tipperary?

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Do Namesco really have servers sited near Ballinahinch, North Tipperary? I questioned the possibility that their cluster servers weren't based in Ireland. I was given an IP address. Seriously it's location seems too good to be true? I did a google search nothing jumped out.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

With a BGP update I can move the IP address from a Data Center in Ireland to China.
    shrtdrk wrote: »
    Do Namesco really have servers sited near Ballinahinch, North Tipperary? I questioned the possibility that their cluster servers weren't based in Ireland. I was given an IP address. Seriously it's location seems too good to be true? I did a google search nothing jumped out.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shrtdrk

With a BGP update I can move the IP address from a Data Center in Ireland to China.

Would that be permanent in a similar way, that VOIP phone numbers can appear to be a Dublin number but the call is actually from another country altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shrtdrk

Would that be permanent in a similar way, that VOIP phone numbers can appear to be a Dublin number but the call is actually from another country altogether?

Yes indeed it appears that this is standard practice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Gateway_Protocol

Thanks for your reply BaconZombie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

A BGP update was what caused 80% of the Internet traffic to be routed throw China a few months ago for about an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

The namesco Irish servers are in Park West in Dublin 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Boskonay wrote: »
    The namesco Irish servers are in Park West in Dublin 12
    Are they still in hosting365's data center?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yes there shared server clusters are still in the h365 parkwest DC.

Advertisement