Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game from Windows 95?

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

It had the magic school bus, a waterfall game and according to my friend a game that he called volcano. Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about? :rolleyes:

I really want to find out what that cd/floppy/whatever it was, was called.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Are you high?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

nah, I just remember it from when I was small :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mtb_kng wrote: »
    It had the magic school bus, a waterfall game and according to my friend a game that he called volcano. Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about? :rolleyes:

I really want to find out what that cd/floppy/whatever it was, was called.

Excuse me for stating the obvious, but it wouldn't be one of the game in the Magic School Bus series by any chance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd love to know what those poor kids did to have their school bus driven off a waterfall and into a volcano?

It had other games in it though...

(Eh... maybe it was the one game.... :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I remember this! :eek:

Thought not the name. We had it in on the PC in Primary. Was it a learning aid? Grrrr! Can't remember! Must've been or they wouldn't have had it in the class.......tell ya. I'm sharp today lads! But I remember there was a dragon and caves. And the oul bleep bloop music. This is going to ruin me for the next.....oh hey I got an email! Brb. :p

Software

The educational software made by Microsoft includes:
    URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Magic_School_Bus_merchandise&action=edit&section=3"]edit[/URL Original titles (1994–2000)

Most of the original titles were created by the software company Music Pen in collaboration with Microsoft and Scholastic Press, the publisher of the Magic School Bus book series. Though in the cartoon series, the bus was obviously animated in the usual way, in the CD-ROM games, it is typically animated with computer generated imagery. In all these titles the user gets to "drive" the bus, which almost always involves clicking on the steering wheel and choosing a location. (The exception is The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth where it is the gear shift instead of the steering wheel.) Most of the games have about seven different locations, including the classroom. There is always some goal for the user in each one.
    • The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System (1994)-(1997)
      • This is essentially a computer version of the book The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System and the cartoon episode "The Magic School Bus Lost in Space," except that Ms. Frizzle is lost as soon as the bus flies away from Earth. The user can fly the bus to any planet he or she chooses and play experiments and click on things there. To win the game, the user has to discover the whereabouts of the Friz. To do so they have to play a "whatsit" game to earn a token which gives them a clue as to which planet Ms. Frizzle is on. Once Ms. Frizzle is found, the bus will return to the classroom and the game begins again. You can visit all 9 planets plus the moon, however if you try to get out of the bus on Earth before Ms. Frizzle is found, Liz will say "You're giving up too soon! You still haven't found the Friz! Don't you want to keep playing?" (This game is also one of the few in the series in which Liz can talk.) When the gas giants are visited, the bus lands on one of their moons.
    • The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body (1994)-(1997)
      • This program is based on the book The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body and the episode The Magic School Bus for Lunch. Arnold has become the class' next field trip. The user can drive the bus to 12 different organs. In some locations the player can leave the bus. Each place has an arcade game and a science experiment. There is a great deal to explore, but will the class ever get out of Arnold?
    • The Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean (1995)-(1998)
      • This game is based on The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor and the TV episode The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten. The class has taken a field trip to the beach. There they found a message in a bottle; with clues to a treasure. The user explores the ocean and follows clues that lead him/her to the treasure. This was the first CD-ROM that featured the entire cast on the bus. (In The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System, Ms. Frizzle was missing; and in The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body, Arnold wasn't in the bus, because the bus was in Arnold.) This is also the only one where the classroom can't be visited. Also, this is the first game that has activities to do in the back of the school bus. This is also the first game to save the game in multiple files.
    • The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth (1996)-(1999)
    • The Magic School Bus Explores In the Age of Dinosaurs (1996)-(1999)
      • This game is based on the book The Magic School Bus in the Age of Dinosaurs and the TV episode The Magic School Bus : The Busasaurus. Ms. Frizzle is missing some photographs from her photo album of her last trip to the age of dinosaurs. As usual, the user has to find replacements. There are seven different places, including "Jurassic Colorado" and "Triassic Argentina." Unlike the book, the Bus transforms into three different dinosaurs, ??? for the Triassic Period, Stegosaurus for the Jurassic Period, and Pterodon for the Cretaceous Period. This game has very elaborate CGI forms for the bus. Although the classroom location song has changed in the following games, the game's classroom location song is the same as The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth, but had added more rhythm in between. The classroom theme song in this game was re-used in the following game, The Magic School Bus Explores the Rainforest. Also, in this game the user can replace previously saved data on one of the files when all 6 have already been saved (In The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth, if all 6 files were saved, a new data would replace one of them at random if saving the game).
    • The Magic School Bus Explores the Rainforest (1997)-(2000)
      • The class is decorating their classroom for "Rainforest Day." Wanda brought a "Right-Away-Rainforest Toolbox" that could do the job, but some "bio-clones" are missing from the kit. Ms. Frizzle takes the class on a field trip to the Costa Rican rainforest to find the missing "bio-clones." This is the only time Ms. Frizzle's middle name is mentioned. This game was the first of the CD-ROM series not to be based on one of the books. It was also the last one created by Music Pen.
    • The Magic School Bus Explores the World of Animals (1999)-(2001)
      • While Lily Tomlin continues her role as Ms. Frizzle, this is the first game of the software series to replace the original voice actors of the eight children. In this game, the user has to find all the four missing animals from the incorrect habitats and send them back to their own habitats where they each belong. Unlike the previous games, the user enters his or her name before playing the game instead of creating a file within creating a face on the Driver's License screen, and the save option was removed so the game is automatically saved when quitting the game.
    • The Magic School Bus Explores Bugs (2000)-(2002)

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_School_Bus_merchandise#Software

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh I remember that. It's no CS :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh I remember that. It's no CS :p

CS is no Granny's Garden :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

THAT's the game I was going on about! Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bitch was hiding in the cauldron in the kitchen of the cottage...:(

Advertisement