Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance tenants - yes or no

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I never even saw a form :) It is better for every one, I don't spend/lose money that is not mine and the landlord can guarantee 80% of her payment regardless (though I am always prompt, but not everyone is)

If I change landlords I will ask for the same set up with the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    yeah, I figured...this was mentioned as something that might happen if my tenants weren't paying the full amount over to me. I don't see how this would be better for me! What kind of other reasons to people get cut off for? I mean, is it something that happens often? It is something that worries me, I have to admit.

No idea how often. Not that often I assume as it would make no sense to get your dole and RA cut off. I wonder though if you are not using RA for tent, is it fraud? (again I assume). I dunno what the LL responsibilities are for reporting it in that case. Or if they don't. Of if the LL accepts only partial payment of the RA. I expect some LL's would be desperate for any rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Confused_73

When I started this thread, I didn't realise that my wording seemed a bit offensive (and naive). Apologies for that ...

Anyway met some prospective tenants, including a really nice girl with a baby who is going to take the apartment. Her RA won't cover the full rent but she'll supplement the rest. She has a part time job as well

Just in relation to the technicalities of RA, I know I need to fill out her form for the CWO. This is no problem as the place is fully declared. But the amount on the form will just equate to her RA allowance - is that correct? I cannot put the full rental amount down. Can someone clarify that?

So then the RA form will state one figure but the lease will state the other higher correct figure. Can this lead to any difficulties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Well, I believe the amount should be the same. Do you mean, when she says ‘supplement’ the amount per week that she has to pay? (so about €120 per month, I’m not sure at the moment). In this case, the amount you fill out on the form will be the full amount, but you will not receive all of that from the SW. If she is supplementing more, I don’t think that is allowed, but I’m sure there are more people here who know precisely how it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Confused_73

What I mean is the following:
    • Let's say the rent is 900. Tenant will sign a lease for this amount
    • She gets less in RA. Say the figure is 800
    • When I fill out the form for her, the rent will be down on the form as 800 because this is what she is entitled to
    • So there will be a difference between the RA form and the lease

Is this how it normally works? I am led to believe that there are problems is the full rent amount is put down on the RA form, or does it make any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

MAKE SURE ITS SET UP TO GO TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
    A guy i know his tennant cashed the cheque (which was in the tennants name) about 850 Euros, never paid it back Included bank rent. Even though the local Social welfare officer as much as said Tennant X had cashed the cheque Tenant X still denies to this day !

Advertisement