Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft of oil

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

A school in Tuam that my kid goes to had the oil robbed over the weekend.... Apparently this is very common in the Tuam area so householders and businesses beware... Any one know anything about this??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well I don't know anything about a school in Tuam that your kid goes to, however there is a big thread on oil being removed from residential tanks in the Galway City forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TWIN1

It wasn't me! :P

But on a serious note I have seen an increasing amount of coverage in the media regarding this problem. I think you can get a lock for your oil tank, but even this will not deter these people as they have also been known to break tanks or connection on tank to get at oil.

People like this seem to be always one step ahead of the law. Apart from installing 24hr cctv and/or a pack of barking wild dogs of some sort at the gate, im not sure how else this practice can be stopped!

We just have to be vigilant and stop feeding them dogs grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

This is a Hugh problem all over Galway City and County Not just in Tuam my parets live in Connemara and Several of the people in the area have had Oil stolen on them in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Not just oil. Someone drained all the diesel from my friend's tractor AND digger overnight. This is the second time it happened.

Advertisement