Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes in Nokia

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I dunno if it does work. On my E71 if I ring someone back from last call list instead of the missed call list, it doesn't clear the later. One list doesn't talk to the other list. Its full of glitches like that. I can cut and past in one part of the OS, but not in another. The E51 menus, are all slightly different. Even after years of using them, most users couldn't tell you where features are in the menus. They move features around on different phones, and even on the same phone they move around between firmware updates. If I buy an updated E71, the E72, I find they've move everything around again, even down to the character keys on the keyboard. The E71 and E72 have perfect keys on the side for playback controls. But they don't use them.

Then you have the camera's. They seem to scatter decent phone features, like a decent sensor, flash, and autofocus, at random. Many high end phones have brutal cameras on them.

Its staggering how inconsistent Nokia are, across every part of their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Nokia really dropped the ball in the last few years, I read an interesting "insider view" on why, sorry don't have link to hand.

The camera is an interesting example, we all know Nokia have the best cameras right? But wait.... They reorganised in 2003 I think to have multiple departments competing internally for resources. There was a "multimedia device" department and a "consumer device" department. Multimedia made an AWESOME camera, and consumer device dept made awesome software. However, they were competing against each other, so the 2 features never got put together in a device. Instead you had one device with good camera but lousy software, and vice versa. Madness!

Advertisement