If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Yamaha RXV-667 & Boston Soundware XS

Options
  • 03-02-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can you quote for a package of the Yamaha-RXV-667 with the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 in black? With shipping to Dublin.

Thanks,

Barry

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

barryj wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can you quote for a package of the Yamaha-RXV-667 with the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 in black? With shipping to Dublin.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry thanks for the opportunity to quote and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have both the RXV667 and the Boston Soundware 5.1 in stock and we can do that at £582.89 delivered.

As above - all above and ready to ship so just drop me a line if you would like us to reserve it for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭barryj

Thanks for the quick response John.

I probably should have mentioned, I'm also potentially looking for a blu-ray player and speaker cable, in case you could create a more attractive deal. I had been considering the Sony BDPS370 as it gets good reviews, and I have a Sony TV - 37EX503. I saw on your website you do a nicely priced deal with the BDPS570, the STRDH810 and the Boston speakers, but from lots of reading I think the Yamaha amp would be better than the Sony receiver?

This would be a major upgrade for me, as to date I've had an all-in-one Sony DVD cinema system (can't remember the model number, but pretty low end).

Aside from the cost, my biggest worry is that my room shape and TV location is not at all sound friendly - I can't even have left and right symmetry with my speaker locations, so I worry that I might be spending a lot of money in vain. And moving TV and/or furniture is not an option.

I attached a little diagram of the room (speakers in green, tv in red, seating position in blue) to give you an idea - am wondering if any of the funky Audyssey or similar systems have any hope of dealing with my situation? It's really a movie rather than music setup.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Barry.

I'll start with your 1st point. I personally would rate the Yamaha above the Sony in the quality stakes. The Yamaha is certainly less fussy when it comes to the type of speakers that you use.

The sony 570 is a decent little blu ray but I would suggest taking a look at the LG BX580 and the Philips BDP7500 B2 models.

The LG has a great little feature which allows you to connect a hard drive to the USB input and it outputs the picture via the USB, so it's essentially a little media server.

The Philips B2 also features DNLA compatability and NET TV access and it handles DivX HD also. The older V1 Philips (without the net TV and DNLA) got reviewed in What Hifi at £250 and got 4 out of 5 stars, but this model at £199.95 is a brilliant player.

I can appreciate where you are coming from on the speaker layout.

The one saving grace is that the Yamaha uses a pretty good calibration system that will delay the audio from the furthest speakers from your listening position and will try to correct the imbalance in the layout. It will work well even in a room that shape.

Does your front right speaker have to be so far to the right ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭barryj

Hi Dave:

Thanks for the reply.

I'll take your advice on the Yamaha amp over the Sony.

The speaker location is fairly fixed - there's a door to the right of the TV, so can't move it. The only other thing I might try is putting left and right speaker on the TV stand itself - not much separation, but the balance might be better - might experiment.

But I'm trying to keep the costs down so will go with cheaper blu-ray player - it'll probably be the cheapest component to upgrade a little down the line, so I'd like to go with the sony 370 model (no 3D, but I've no interest in that) which seems to go for around £100 online and gets 5* reviews.

Can you supply that Sony, and would putting all three together with about 60m of speaker cable, whatever cable I would need for the subwoofer (2-3m is fine) and one HDMI cable, make a difference to a package price?

Thanks,

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Barry.

PM Sent.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.