Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Super Cup

• 03-02-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Man City,Celtic,Inter Milan, LOI Xi bank holiday August weekend. €90 for all 4 games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

All the games are over 3/4 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

baz2009 wrote: »
    All the games are over 3/4 days?

LOI play City and Celtic on the sat and sunday, assume the final is on the monday if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    LOI play City and Celtic on the sat and sunday, assume the final is on the monday if there is one.

I imagine it will be the same format as the Emirates Cup, as in point per goal scored and the winners crowned on the Sunday.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I imagine it will be the same format as the Emirates Cup, as in point per goal scored and the winners crowned on the Sunday.

Its the FAI so wouldnt even bother trying to guess the scoring system :)

I might make a weekend of it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Will the FAIs salary cap rule apply for this? Will the club that wins this be as fcuked as almost every winner of the LOI in recent years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg?1242277575

Will Rovers be playing the qualifying rounds of the CL or EL at that time?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Will Rovers be playing the qualifying rounds of the CL or EL at that time?

CL qualifiers 1st 2 weeks in July, 2nd round last 2 weeks in July.

So anyones guess if they make it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The FAI be better off having an irish club play instead of a LOI select imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Hopefully the LOI clubs have some self respect and dont release their players. Not keen on having celtic fans traveling from Scotland either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Pauleta wrote: »
    Hopefully the LOI clubs have some self respect and dont release their players. Not keen on having celtic fans traveling from Scotland either.

would have thought these would be more welcome than the northern bunch if your worried about ''sectarianism'':confused:

CL qualifiers 1st 2 weeks in July, 2nd round last 2 weeks in July.

So anyones guess if they make it or not.

Cheers. Hopefully none of the players will be playing in the friendlies.
    major bill wrote: »

Yeah, the game against United showed that it doesn't work.
    Be hard to find a club that let all their players have an extra game, unless they were getting a lot of money for it.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

League winners used to play in the Carlsberg Tourney, but as as been said before, this is right in the middle of the CL qualifying rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Will the FAIs salary cap rule apply for this? Will the club that wins this be as fcuked as almost every winner of the LOI in recent years?

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Who gets the home dressing room?

would have thought these would be more welcome than the northern bunch if your worried about ''sectarianism'':confused:

No just general fan behavior and OTT drunkenness. Theres been a lot of incidents with them in pre-season matches over the last few years including a 3 year old getting hit with a brick against Man City a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

This can be my Europa League final seeing as I didnt get tickets :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well at least we'll be too ****e to have any players they'd want in the XI.

Still a ****ing stupid idea.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

No just general fan behavior and OTT drunkenness. Theres been a lot of incidents with them in pre-season matches over the last few years including a 3 year old getting hit with a brick against Man City a couple of years ago.

Yes because you've mentioned an isolated incident its called 'general behaviour'.Im sure City and Inter fans are no angels.

Yes because you've mentioned an isolated incident its called 'general behaviour'.Im sure City and Inter fans are no angels.

Well i could trail the interweb looking for incidents involving celtic fans but id rather not waste my time and its unlikely many City or Inter fans will travel, so i dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Well i could trail the interweb looking for incidents involving celtic fans but id rather not waste my time and its unlikely many City or Inter fans will travel, so i dont understand what point you are trying to make.

My point is Celtic bringing a large amount of fans is no different to any other team bringing a large amount of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Away football fans in ott drunkeness shocker!! I've been at a few of these testimonials in Dublin and can't see why you might have a preoblem tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Away football fans in ott drunkeness shocker!! I've been at a few of these testimonials in Dublin and can't see why you might have a preoblem tbh.

Mayo to Dublin for a Dublin Super Cup match with the British Celtic FC, whopper away day drunkness buzz!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

the British Celtic FC

British? FFS, I always thought they were Oirish... will have to stop following them now. :mad:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Never been to the Aviva myself but thinking about going to this and just wondering what section people would recommend, can only see West stand upper now but was thinking the lower stands would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Only been once and was behind the goal on the South side. Fantastic view.

Its 50 euro for a lower tier ticket.The cheapest is 30 for an upper tier one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Only been once and was behind the goal on the South side. Fantastic view.
    Was thinking about getting South lower but they aren't available on the website, I'll probably give ticketmaster a ring tomorrow or Monday to find out.
    Its 50 euro for a lower tier ticket.The cheapest is 30 for an upper tier one.
    Yeah but the only tickets I can get on ticketmaster at the moment are West upper at €50, like I said I'll ring them to find out.

DUBLIN_SUPER_CUP.ashx

Scabby looking jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say there will be quite a few city fans travelling over to this

Not many IMO. They will probably have champions league qualifiers in the space of a couple of weeks so their fans will probably wait for that rather than a friendly tournay in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Yeah but its not fashionable to throw out stereotypes and have a general hatred of them just yet, its them yobbos from Glasgow who incidently have been awarded numerous awards for their fans excellent behaviour that gets under the skin of the LOI brigade :rolleyes:

Yeah but its not fashionable to throw out stereotypes and have a general hatred of them just yet, its them yobbos from Glasgow who incidently have been awarded numerous awards for their fans excellent behaviour that gets under the skin of the LOI brigade :rolleyes:

Dont think an LOI brigade member mentioned Celtic.

As an LOI brigade member who has been at competive games vs Celtic i can vouch for their awesomeness they were easily the best fans i have ever met home and away.

But sadly that was only the scottish ones, their irish fans were the complete opposite, i actually hate celtic now simply because of the way the irish Celtic fans acted. Love the scottish ones tho, 2 superb games.

• Advertisement

I think you are actually feeding the overly offended stereotype of your ilk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think you are actually feeding the overly offended stereotype of your ilk :D

So tell me Pauleta are you not also cocerned about the huge number of fans from the LOI that will descend on the place considering the recent behaviour of Rovers, Bohs and Derry fans just to mention a few??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

DUBLIN_SUPER_CUP.ashx

Scabby looking jerseys.

Dublin City leftovers from Carrolls.

So tell me Pauleta are you not also cocerned about the huge number of fans from the LOI that will descend on the place considering the recent behaviour of Rovers, Bohs and Derry fans just to mention a few??

Because screw all supporters of LOI clubs will be at it. Its embarrassing for the league.

Because screw all supporters of LOI clubs will be at it. Its embarrassing for the league.

Its not for the league tho its for the FAI, if it was up to me i would give every selected player a grand and 5 grand win bonus.

• Advertisement

This tournament wont sell well if there are not alot of City,Inter or LOI fans attending so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

This tournament wont sell well if there are not alot of City,Inter or LOI fans attending so.

There won't be a lot of LoI fans there, and I'd be fairly certain that they'd be a handful of Man City, Inter or Celtic fans who travel over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I don't think many LOI supporters will go because a team full of players who have been just thrown together and sent out to play the likes of Man City and Celtic and then get hammered isn't that tempting to watch.

If they actually took a LOI team instead of a LOI select XI team they'd actually probably attract more supporters of that club and the team might actually give a better performance against the visiting sides. The teams participating in Europe aren't an option so maybe the highest finishing team in the league who didn't qualify for europe should play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Well at least we'll be too ****e to have any players they'd want in the XI.

Still a ****ing stupid idea.

Yep. Attracting world class teams to our city, along with thousands of foreign and domestic fans, all in the middle of an economic crisis, is a stupid idea alright.
    Mayo to Dublin for a Dublin Super Cup match with the British Celtic FC, whopper away day drunkness buzz!!!!!!!

Like clockwork. Why should I give a sh1te about "Irish" teams when their fans come out with bile like this? Celtic are alot more proud of their heritage than you ever have been on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There will be a lot of City fans at this I'd say.

Two games in two days plus a weekend on the piss in great craic Dublin is a very attractive prospect, and it works out at about €220 I think for flights/tickets from Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Exactly.

Celtic and Ireland fans have a Europe and world wide reputation for bringing the craic with them.
    LOI fans have never been known for bringing any particular atmosphere, I reckon theres alot of jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Celtic are alot more proud of their heritage than you ever have been on this forum.

Why would a Shels fan be proud of Celtic's heritage? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Exactly.

Celtic and Ireland fans have a Europe and world wide reputation for bringing the craic with them.
    LOI fans have never been known for bringing any particular atmosphere, I reckon theres alot of jealousy.

Ya sure. We just go to matches and sit there in silence for the full 90 minutes.

You obviously know that having been to many LOI matches yourself.

There won't be a lot of LoI fans there, and I'd be fairly certain that they'd be a handful of Man City, Inter or Celtic fans who travel over.

Celtic will bring more than a handful.As will City.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

There is a lot of jealousy because Celtic 'steal Irish fans' on this thread imo.

Celtic fans have a fantastic reputation and thats one of the reason they are always invited to pre season games and testimonials. People know this, its well known.

With the size of fan base we have its inevitable there will be a few dickheads. We took 100 thousand to Seville with no arrests, id say thats pretty good going.

Celtic fans were.........drunk? Thats disgusting behaviour, imagine being drunk at a football game. :rolleyes:

Support your local team with pride but keep your bitterness towards Irish Celtic fans to yourselves if Irish fans want to support Celtic its up to them.

Live and let live.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement