Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Super Cup

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

There is a lot of jealousy because Celtic 'steal Irish fans' on this thread imo.

Celtic fans have a fantastic reputation and thats one of the reason they are always invited to pre season games and testimonials. People know this, its well known.

They get invited for financial reasons and rarely get asked to return for friendlies. I seem to remember Shearer getting booed at his testimonial.

With the size of fan base we have its inevitable there will be a few dickheads. We took 100 thousand to Seville with no arrests, id say thats pretty good going.

Exaggerating the numbers there :pac: and there were arrests including a celtic fan stabbing another but fair is fair they did win a madey up award for not destroying the place. Bravo for not wrecking the place :D

Celtic fans were.........drunk? Thats disgusting behaviour, imagine being drunk at a football game. :rolleyes:

Very predictable :rolleyes:

Support your local team with pride but keep your bitterness towards Irish Celtic fans to yourselves if Irish fans want to support Celtic its up to them.

Live and let live.

And you wonder why you are disliked? I couldnt give a toss about Irish celtic fans, its the regular match going fans from Scotland and Northern Ireland i dont want coming here. They are a different breed who seem to live off "We are not as bad as Rangers" mentality. Its like Hitler saying i didnt kill as many people as Stalin ;)

Overall all i said was im not too keen on celtic being involved in this tournament. As usual celtic fans get offended at anything. I not keen on our city being taken over by hordes of ill behaved drunken football fans and i hope a british team doesnt make the Europa League final either (I had to write that last bit so not to make you feel oppressed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Dublin Super Cup: A tournament for mongos and Man City fans

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Pauleta wrote: »
    They get invited for financial reasons and rarely get asked to return for friendlies. I seem to remember Shearer getting booed at his testimonial.

Using your example, we were invited back to Newcastle. We were invited back to Man Utd, we have been to Arsenals ground twice in recent years. The list goes on. English teams always invite us back.

Exaggerating the numbers there :pac: and there were arrests including a celtic fan stabbing another but fair is fair they did win a madey up award for not destroying the place. Bravo for not wrecking the place :D

The award was not 'madey up', it was a UEFA fair play award. Celtic supporters have travelled in large numbers throughout Europe over many years and they have rightly earned an excellent reputation during this time. Your attempts to blacken the name of Celtic fans is making your look pathetic and bitter. Back up your claim a Celtic fan was stabbed please.
    Very predictable :rolleyes:

Oh no. the big bad Celtic fans were drunk. Haha.

And you wonder why you are disliked? I couldnt give a toss about Irish celtic fans, its the regular match going fans from Scotland and Northern Ireland i dont want coming here. They are a different breed who seem to live off "We are not as bad as Rangers" mentality. Its like Hitler saying i didnt kill as many people as Stalin ;)

Disliked by who, certainly not Irish people? Bitter people like you with a chip on their shoulder about Celtic? lol. We have the most supporters clubs in Ireland out of any other British team, at least one in each of the 32 counties. It will be a good opportunity for these dedicated fans to see their team play in Dublin. A great atmosphere will be created and a great time will be had by all.

Overall all i said was im not too keen on celtic being involved in this tournament. As usual celtic fans get offended at anything. I not keen on our city being taken over by hordes of ill behaved drunken football fans and i hope a british team doesnt make the Europa League final either

:pac: you would think Celtic fans were the only fans who drink the way you go on. you sound like a spoilt child that doesn't like an atmosphere created at games or others having a good time.

You have no basis for calling Celtic fans ill behaved, evidence of our award for being well behaved by UEFA suggests otherwise.

(I had to write that last bit so not to make you feel oppressed)

:confused:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

CiaranC wrote: »
    Dublin Super Cup: A tournament for mongos and Man City fans

can you define 'mongo' please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Exactly.

Celtic and Ireland fans have a Europe and world wide reputation for bringing the craic with them.
    LOI fans have never been known for bringing any particular atmosphere, I reckon theres alot of jealousy.

I don't know why you think there's "alot" of jealousy seeing as the two sets groups you mentioned there aren't mutually exclusive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Will there even be an Irish team left in existance to select a LOI XI from?

Will there even be an Irish team left in existance to select a LOI XI from?
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Celtic will bring more than a handful.As will City.

I said will travel, going from Ballybough/Cabra/Mayo/Cork to Lansdowne isn't what I meant by travelling, I meant from Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I said will travel, going from Ballybough/Cabra/Mayo/Cork to Lansdowne isn't what I meant by travelling, I meant from Britain.

You know what I really hate about the whole anti Celtic brigade on boards? When Eirebhoy, boards poster, died in Sydney, some of the most virulently anti Celtic posters went as far as posting Celtic youtube videos in his memory ending their posts with "YNWA Eirebhoy". Just "RIP, good lad, entertaining poster" wasnt enough, they had to go as far as saying things like "I hope Celtic win tonight". Considering some of these posters had, for the UEFA cup final, said they were dying for Rangers to win, just to rub some scummers in Dublin up the wrong way, I thought it wasnt just pathetic, but offensive to his memory and team to be making such a turnaround.

Shame on the lot of yis who posted them tbh, and you know who you are. Celtic fans are apparenrtly a load of tracker knackers until some lad who posts here dies, then its time for the Celtic greatest moments to be posted by the "Celtic are a British club" lads. Its beyond words, and sums up the gutter mindset of some who post here. Roaches, nothing more. He supported a "British" team when alive, but when dead Celtic are the team of all the lads....sick, really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You know what I really hate about the whole anti Celtic brigade on boards? When Eirebhoy, boards poster, died in Sydney, some of the most virulently anti Celtic posters went as far as posting Celtic youtube videos in his memory ending their posts with "YNWA Eirebhoy". Just "RIP, good lad, entertaining poster" wasnt enough, they had to go as far as saying things like "I hope Celtic win tonight". Considering some of these posters had, for the UEFA cup final, said they were dying for Rangers to win, just to rub some scummers in Dublin up the wrong way, I thought it wasnt just pathetic, but offensive to his memory and team to be making such a turnaround.

Shame on the lot of yis who posted them tbh, and you know who you are. Celtic fans are apparenrtly a load of tracker knackers until some lad who posts here dies, then its time for the Celtic greatest moments to be posted by the "Celtic are a British club" lads. Its beyond words, and sums up the gutter mindset of some who post here. Roaches, nothing more. He supported a "British" team when alive, but when dead Celtic are the team of all the lads....sick, really.

You cannot be fcuking serious?

SantryRed wrote: »
    You cannot be fcuking serious?

Yes I am. The hatred of Celtic amongst certain posters here goes beyond the club and to a direct disrespect of the intellect of Irish Celtic fans. And to see the "respects" paid to Eirebhoy on this forum was frankly sick considering the opinions expressed/ implied about "barstoolers" and the rest of the sh1te on this board.

And if you think Im biased, FFS I will watch Celtic in Europe and wish them well but tbh I think they play brutal football, Im a well wisher but not a die hard fan. Its the opinions here that rile me more, particularly in reflection of the YNWA video clips posted by the most rabid LOI anti Celtic heads after he died. And they know who they are.

"Barstoolers....up the ra....scum....Celtic are a British club" I think you know where Im going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yes I am. The hatred of Celtic amongst certain posters here goes beyond the club and to a direct disrespect of the intellect of Irish Celtic fans. And to see the "respects" paid to Eirebhoy on this forum was frankly sick considering the opinions expressed/ implied about "barstoolers" and the rest of the sh1te on this board.

And if you think Im biased, FFS I will watch Celtic in Europe and wish them well but tbh I think they play brutal football, Im a well wisher but not a die hard fan. Its the opinions here that rile me more, particularly in reflection of the YNWA video clips posted by the most rabid LOI anti Celtic heads after he died. And they know who they are.

"Barstoolers....up the ra....scum....Celtic are a British club" I think you know where Im going.

Stop making yourself look silly.

I *think* you can dislike a certain club but still have the utmost respect for a person who happened to follow it ?

Were the Rangers supporters on Rangers forums that he posted on who were saddened by his passing because of his immense likeability and genuine love for his club hypocritical in paying tribute to him because they have a dislike for Celtic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Classy dude, real classy.

And Celtic are a British club.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Classy dude, real classy.

Ah. From the man whos last response to a well constructed arguement by myself was

"jesus ****ing christ"

You dont really have much comeback do you?

Gustavo- make no mistake about it. In the eyes of some of the most vocal on this forum, Celtic fans are all semi literate up the ra mildly retarded idiots. Time to be said, the posts at the time of Eirebhoys passing made me curl my toes and I make no apologies for it.

• Advertisement

Ah. From the man whos last response to a well constructed arguement by myself was

"jesus ****ing christ"

You dont really have much comeback do you?

Gustavo- make no mistake about it. In the eyes of some of the most vocal on this forum, Celtic fans are all semi literate up the ra mildly retarded idiots. Time to be said, the posts at the time of Eirebhoys passing made me curl my toes and I make no apologies for it.

Let the man rest in peace and shut the fcuk up.

Let the man rest in peace and shut the fcuk up.

Jesus listen to yourself.

How about with every "Celtic are barstoolers who roar up the ra" ad nauseaum I brought up that one? "Ya cant diss Celtic, Eirebhoy was a fan"....same sh1te your tryna pull here.

Dont try and deflect the pathetic rants of people on here with "let the man rest in peace". It is offensive in the highest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hardly the thread for it lads..

Its has been something boiling on my mind ever since his death and seeing the YNWA and Celtic youtube clips from the people who spout the usual LOI Celtic are Brits garbage here. It had to be said and I dont really care how uncomfortable people feel about it. The original stuff was offensive enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No great surprise that this thread has degenerated into this. The usual suspects only here to put the boot into Celtic FC and their fans

• Advertisement

Its has been something boiling on my mind ever since his death and seeing the YNWA and Celtic youtube clips from the people who spout the usual LOI Celtic are Brits garbage here. It had to be said and I dont really care how uncomfortable people feel about it. The original stuff was offensive enough.

You're a prick. An absolute dickhead. So fcuking what if people posted condolences of a man's death? So what? They may have no respect for a club but they have respect for the man who devoted a lot of his time to the club and had a genuine love for the club. For you to bring this sh1te up in this thread shows so much disrespect to him.

I've reported the thread and I hope a mod deletes it as soon as he gets a chance.

Indeed it isnt. This thread was to discuss a tournament between a few big Eruopean sides, which quickly descended into something else on the first page. Its not the thread for this, but its not the thread for a few other things either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

You're a prick. An absolute dickhead. So fcuking what if people posted condolences of a man's death? So what? They may have no respect for a club but they have respect for the man who devoted a lot of his time to the club and had a genuine love for the club. For you to bring this sh1te up in this thread shows so much disrespect to him.

I've reported the thread and I hope a mod deletes it as soon as he gets a chance.

Id edit that hastily, mate.
    Indeed it isnt. This thread was to discuss a tournament between a few big Eruopean sides, which quickly descended into something else on the first page. Its not the thread for this, but its not the thread for a few other things either.

The discussion of the fans of clubs participating in the event I would deem as acceptable, bitching and moaning about posts made on a thread dedicated to a man who passed something like two years ago.. it is not. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

No great surprise that this thread has degenerated into this. The usual suspects only here to put the boot into Celtic FC and their fans

Some of the vitriol towords Celtic, and a lot is from Shels fans for some reason, is tedious beyond belief. Its not Celtic's fault Shels can't get more than 1,000 at games.

For some reason they are fair game to attack on here, if similar was said about Liverpool the mods would send out a hit squad.

Celtic will travel in big numbers for this, and as always, their support will behave impeccibly.

Reported for what exactly?

Sad fcuking stuff. You have no respect for Celtic, you hate the fans, but Eirebhoy deserves a round off of youtube vids of a team you despise, along with its fans who you and your ilk have disrespected and deried time and time again. I cant even fathom it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't think this place could get any lower but here we are.

A fucking disgrace to be referencing someone who has passed. I hope his family, who were reading the forum at the time of the tragedy, are not still reading today.

Shameful and pathetic.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Reported for what exactly?

Sad fcuking stuff. You have no respect for Celtic, you hate the fans, but Eirebhoy deserves a round off of youtube vids of a team you despise, along with its fans who you and your ilk have disrespected and deried time and time again. I cant even fathom it.

FD, I agree with your sentiments around the constant drone of some LOI fans here when it comes to Celtic, and how every thread outside of the Celtic thread degenerates into a train wreck. It gets completely tiresome, and the same people are at it time and time again.

But for you own sake, I'd kindly advise you not to bring EB into it to make you point. I appreciate you're genuine about what you feel, I understand that, but it's just doesn't sit well with people to kind of use EB's death as an argument to make your point.

Not having a go, and certainly not excusing the abuse you are getting from one person especially which is out of order, but just passing on some friendly advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Some of the vitriol towords Celtic, and a lot is from Shels fans for some reason, is tedious beyond belief. Its not Celtic's fault Shels can't get more than 1,000 at games.

For some reason they are fair game to attack on here, if similar was said about Liverpool the mods would send out a hit squad.

Celtic will travel in big numbers for this, and as always, their support will behave impeccibly.

All i said was im not keen on having celtic fans traveling from Scotland. Thats it, one opinion of a person who lives in the city of Dublin. If i said it about another club it would flown over everyones head but no, some people had to make a huge issue about it, wanting to know why. I dont understand how some of you live day to day life if you can get so offended at a pass away comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus Christ Damo, way to sink as low as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

All i said was im not keen on having celtic fans traveling from Scotland. Thats it, one opinion of a person who lives in the city of Dublin. If i said it about another club it would flown over everyones head but no, some people had to make a huge issue about it, wanting to know why. I dont understand how some of you live day to day life if you can get so offended at a pass away comment.

The point being its a ridicilious throw away comment.

The one group of fans of a foreign club that you can actually guarantee won't kick it off in Dublin is Celtic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

wanting to know why.

Of course people are going to ask why, this is a discussion group not bebo :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement