Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb prepaid meter token

Options
  • 03-02-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello all, i have a bill from the esb for over 1700 euro. i have had prepaid token meter for around 15 years. is there anyone out there who could shed some light on why i have this bill. i know around my local area and my lots of my friends have similar bill some even higher who are all on this type of meter. esb tech came today and changed my meter but i was out and missed him.

this is whats on the letter.

total amount debt €1733.45. weekly instalment € 15.00 emergency credit €5.00 & usage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think this needs to be moved to the Talk to...ESB forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

maglite wrote: »
    I think this needs to be moved to the Talk to...ESB forum.

Please use the Report Post functionality when a thread is in the incorrect forum. Please do not direct the poster to another forum where they may create a duplicate thread.

Anyway, thread moved to the Talk to ESB Customer Supply forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi daithi.aye,

If you would like to PM me your account number, I will be able to look into this for you.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Marsha

daithi.aye wrote: »
    hello all, i have a bill from the esb for over 1700 euro. i have had prepaid token meter for around 15 years. is there anyone out there who could shed some light on why i have this bill. i know around my local area and my lots of my friends have similar bill some even higher who are all on this type of meter. esb tech came today and changed my meter but i was out and missed him.

this is whats on the letter.

total amount debt €1733.45. weekly instalment € 15.00 emergency credit €5.00 & usage.

Hi Daithi.aye

I am in exactly the same situation as you, owing approx. the same amount due to a pre paid meter that for all the years I lived in the house was obviously not set to collect the right rate.
    Now they have installed a new meter and without even telling me they went ahead and set the meter firstly at the right amount, and then ontop of that they set it to collect €15 euros a week (or put another was €120 every bill) off the arrears.
    Arrears that exist only because of their faulty meter. Anyway it was just too much, had to contact them, couldn't manage and ended up getting it set to only collect €80 every bill off the arrears, this is the least amount they could set it too.
    I am still finding it very hard. Please get in touch with me and any others that find themselves in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Marsha,

Please feel free to PM me your account details if you would like me to look into this for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peterjsomers

download mabs esb token meter or download the CER(energy regulator ESB TOKEN METERS)i dont have a link to these sites.you should find that the CER told the esb that in 1999 the token meters where outdated and would not be able to work probably and that the esb token meters should have being replaced meaning that they are faulty so take it from there and i wish you luck with this query.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Marsha

I am now in credit after repaying all those arrears and am finding it difficult to get a refund of credit €105.88. Rang customer services today spoke to Ross was told in order to get my money back they need to remove the meter? Yet after researching codes of practice Electric Ireland refund with cheques. Can you look into this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Marsha,

We would be happy to look into this for you. Just to let you know, we have received your private message and we will respond as soon as we can.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement