Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sagem Freesat+

• 03-02-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a Sagem Freesat+ receiver for a spare room. The receiver has two inputs but I only have one feed going to it. I want to use it to record a few programmes now and again.

When I connect the feed into input 1 I can watch programmes live but it will not record anything in the planner even when the receiver is off. When I connect the feed into input 2 the receiver says it has no signal. Now I know that I cannot watch and record at the same time but is there anyway to split the signal feed into two so as to fool the receiver that it is getting two inputs.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is there an "LNB OUT" connector at the rear of the receiver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

The Cush wrote: »
    Is there an "LNB OUT" connector at the rear of the receiver?

Unfortunately no just two LNB inputs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

A splitter will act like a 'loop through' and may work. This is a model I use myself, though for a different application. It has power passing protection and is active (amplified).
    http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/21279-4-way-active-splitter-split4af-global-communications.html

I think the Foxsat HDR can be setup to use 1 feed during the installation mode. Does a similar option not exist in the Sagem installation mode/menu?

There is no option in the Sagem setup for 1 feed to be used.

Would this work http://www.tvtrade.ie/power-pass-2-way-tv-splitters.html to split the signal fooling the receiver into believing that there is two feeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

There is no option in the Sagem setup for 1 feed to be used.

Would this work http://www.tvtrade.ie/power-pass-2-way-tv-splitters.html to split the signal fooling the receiver into believing that there is two feeds?

It is less likely to work than the one I linked because it power passes along 1 port only. So if tuner 1 is tuned to a vertical channel, but you need to a horizontal channel on tuner 2, the 18V signal may well be blocked.

However, if you plan on displaying the same channel (tuner 1) as you wish to record (tuner 2), then it should work OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In the longer term run a 2nd feed. It doesn't have to be same length or route.

I wish I could but the room is located in the middle of the house with no outside walls. I am unable to drop a second cable as the room is downstairs. I guess its off to adverts with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Drill a hole in a corner just above skirting board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Martin_F

watty wrote: »
    Drill a hole in a corner just above skirting board.

I presume you mean to pass the cable through the internal wall - from a room with either an external wall or drop access ?

I would think running a cable to any room is possible - the only issue is how well you can hide the cable run and what level of visible cabling you will tolerate vs the effort you put in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement