Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political hotties

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

JOHNFRANCE wrote: »
    Is anyone else attracted to Mary Coughlan?

She would turn me straight urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Haha he's my old teacher,
    remember a couple of years back he saw himself topping a list in a newspaper article or something for good looking politicians and was chuffed with himself (even subtly mentioning it to us in class) so wouldn't be surprised if he got word of this!! Would be even more delighted with his night :)
    Deserves his seat as well, unbelievably devoted to his cause and takes looking after the people in his area very seriously (never stopped talking about it!).
    So he's not just there for his looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puheen

Yeah I have a collie dog, every time he sees her he strikes a horn!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭JOHNFRANCE

Mary O Rourke BEFORE Mary Coughlan? No chance.

Coughlan has something going for her. Or maybe I'm just boggled eyed from following this since 8am. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

revz wrote: »
    Haha he's my old teacher,
    remember a couple of years back he saw himself topping a list in a newspaper article or something for good looking politicians and was chuffed with himself (even subtly mentioning it to us in class) so wouldn't be surprised if he got word of this!! Would be even more delighted with his night :)
    Deserves his seat as well, unbelievably devoted to his cause and takes looking after the people in his area very seriously (never stopped talking about it!).
    So he's not just there for his looks!

Did everyone fancy him in school? Or was he a primary school teacher? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Lucifer_666

Who was the young lady who was giving her opinion in the RTE studio earlier..... I think Gery Adams thanked her for her work ...anyway she was a good looking lass :cool:

Clare Daly, HE'S a fine thing!

puheen wrote: »
    Clare Daly, HE'S a fine thing!

She?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

he should get his hair cut, commie hippie

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Anyones better than Martin "who's your daddy?" Mansergh.
    The cut of his election poster, I burst out laughing everytime I hit Clonmel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

She?

I agree with the "?".

Who was the young lady who was giving her opinion in the RTE studio earlier..... I think Gery Adams thanked her for her work ...anyway she was a good looking lass :cool:

This is really bugging me now.....she had dark hair, an Irish name???? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

kbannon wrote: »
    if you look at her from another angle she makes a thread fail:
    Kathryn-ReillySF-197x197.jpg

But if you place her beside Mary Lou then the thread works again:
    5413471308_430c5e6d6c_z.jpg

OMG.... look at that... the nerdy chick wins me over.... yeah I'd hit her... :D

just look at Mary Lou - she looks like a right oompa loompa with that much foundation.... :pac:
    (FFS, her neck is white compared to her face.... she'd be more at home with Willy Wonka :) )

It's Lucinda Creighton, whoever above was ignorant to post previously as "Linda Creighton" :rolleyes: :P

Mary Lou looks like something from Planet of the Apes or a Moncichi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Put Clare Daly, Joe Higgins and Mary Lou in a corner of the Dail together and they'll attract their own Low Pressure weather systems with that much combined dourness.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Did everyone fancy him in school? Or was he a primary school teacher? :)

Was a small all boys secondary school, so I don't really think everyone fancied him no :pac:

revz wrote: »
    Was a small all boys secondary school, so I don't really think everyone fancied him no :pac:

Well, he might have appealed to some of the sexually confused young fellas. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭forlorndonkey

Is it not stepping over the line, in a small country like this, to be slagging people off for their looks and talking about whether they take it up the hole or not? I mean come on now... I hate Joan Burton as much as anyone but she's a 60+ year old woman for jaysus sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

FF's Lisa Chambers is nice looking, I reckon:

http://tiny.cc/442p0

She pulled in over 3000 votes as a first time FF candidate in Mayo. Can't think why. :p

I know her boyfriend....he's a gonna be after you now:p

Is it not stepping over the line, in a small country like this, to be slagging people off for their looks and talking about whether they take it up the hole or not?

No, in my opinion, it's not. If you have a problem with the thread content, take it to the mods. If they deem it unsuitable, their decision will be respected.

• Advertisement

No, in my opinion, it's not. If you have a problem with the thread content, take it to the mods. If they deem it unsuitable, their decision will be respected.

I just think it's a bit hypocritical to be treating other people like that when you wouldn't like it if your mother or granny had her photo posted up here and people talked about how ugly she is, or whether she'd take it up the hole?

I mean there has to be some sort of line drawn based on civility and common courtesy doesn't there?

And I assume the moderators can see this post and can make a decision one way or another, I really wasn't talking to them, I was talking to everyone in this thread. I'm not saying you should necessarily be censored, maybe a bit of self censorship would be the way to go in this case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Kathryn Reilly

kathrynReilly.bmp

She is like 12 or something, isn't she

No harm but these people are in the limelight a self imposed one too...nobody forced them to go into politics and become a public figure so they are open to this kind of thing besides do you really think that Joan Burton cares whether a forum jokes about her taking it up the exhaust :cool:

No harm but these people are in the limelight a self imposed one too...nobody forced them to go into politics and become a public figure so they are open to this kind of thing besides do you really think that Joan Burton cares whether a forum jokes about her taking it up the exhaust :cool:

How does standing for an election mean it's ok for people to call you ugly? I don't get that?

Like I said, if your mother and grandmother had their photos up on this board and people were talking about how ugly she was and making juvenile comments you wouldn't like it, so why would you do it here? It's different saying these things in private but this is very public. If a newspaper did this there'd be war. I mean for jaysus sake lads have a bit of class about you.

Because like celebs of sport, film, or music politicians put themselves out there in the public eye which means they are open for public criticisms and to be slagged off now if it was the politicians mother or grandmother who were not in the limelight that would be different but its not!

Besides its expected and I suspect a little encouraged after all any publicity is good publicity:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

MaryCoughlan_SI_316762t.jpg

Boskowski wrote: »
    MaryCoughlan_SI_316762t.jpg

Wow, nice Dr. Melfi legs!

Because like celebs of sport, film, or music politicians put themselves out there in the public eye which means they are open for public criticisms and to be slagged off now if it was the politicians mother or grandmother who were not in the limelight that would be different but its not!

Besides its expected and I suspect a little encouraged after all any publicity is good publicity:D

They're standing for election, what does their looks have to do with being a td? Just because they're standing for election doesn't mean you have the right to abuse them or subject them to verbal abuse, why should it? Because you say so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

gcgirl wrote: »
    Their better in the flesh

**** sake; it is spelt 'they're'. What you wrote makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

They're standing for election, what does their looks have to do with being a td? Just because they're standing for election doesn't mean you have the right to abuse them or subject them to verbal abuse, why should it? Because you say so?
    As long as democracy is in operation people can elect whoever they want for whatever reason they want. Politicians know this, so when they ur themselves up for election they agree that they can be elected for any reason whatsoever. Therefore they must,accept if people care to comment on their appearance

Advertisement