Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political hotties

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭forlorndonkey

As long as democracy is in operation people can elect whoever they want for whatever reason they want. Politicians know this, so when they ur themselves up for election they agree that they can be elected for any reason whatsoever. Therefore they must,accept if people care to comment on their appearance

That doesn't mean people should be allowed to slag them for being ugly on a public message board. If this was printed in a newspaper there'd be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Wicknight wrote: »
    She is like 12 or something, isn't she

in all fairness, i had to stop myself from voting for her, she is very pretty me thinks,

tis a pity she is a sinn feiner, twould feel dirty now, and not in a good way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

What they look like appears to have a lot to do with it. I was in the kildare count centre and was talking to people after Martin Heydon was elected and all i got from the 3 ladies was of course of course we voted for him he lovely looking. I looked i assume there was other reasons as well took a good minute before they answered while he was FG as well of course. As for Miss Reily Her in the dail wud be the only thing that would make me look at the SF benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There has been a lot of fine looking young men been elected today. It was my second reason for watching the results. It will make watching politics a little bit easier on the eyes if not so much on the ears :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lucifer_666

That doesn't mean people should be allowed to slag them for being ugly on a public message board. If this was printed in a newspaper there'd be war.

I think you need to get a bit of perspective here.....this is not a newspaper or a news service which provides people with the latest info and are subject to libel laws.... its a forum to voice individual opinion. Though it has to be said do you ever read tabloid newspapers they are not very "nice" either and very often would go alot further than most forums or blogs.

As for people voting for someone because of their looks...rather that than vote for someone because their parents always voted for that party.:rolleyes: thats part of the reason we are in this mess now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

They all went downhill after Liz O' Donnell!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Is it not stepping over the line, in a small country like this, to be slagging people off for their looks and talking about whether they take it up the hole or not? I mean come on now... I hate Joan Burton as much as anyone but she's a 60+ year old woman for jaysus sake.
    I just think it's a bit hypocritical to be treating other people like that when you wouldn't like it if your mother or granny had her photo posted up here and people talked about how ugly she is, or whether she'd take it up the hole?

I mean there has to be some sort of line drawn based on civility and common courtesy doesn't there?

And I assume the moderators can see this post and can make a decision one way or another, I really wasn't talking to them, I was talking to everyone in this thread. I'm not saying you should necessarily be censored, maybe a bit of self censorship would be the way to go in this case?
    They're standing for election, what does their looks have to do with being a td? Just because they're standing for election doesn't mean you have the right to abuse them or subject them to verbal abuse, why should it? Because you say so?

Awww don't worry forlorn, I'd still give ye one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Wicknight wrote: »
    She is like 12 or something, isn't she

0:55-0:60 Seconds, Conversation of the two lads on the right

PAUL DONNELLY: Is she givin you a semi too?
    CAOIMHGHÍN Ó CAOLÁIN: *Nods*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

:P Hey, I didn't vote for him!

I bet if you could, you would have given him one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

phill106 wrote: »
    0:55-0:60 Seconds, Conversation of the two lads on the right

PAUL DONNELLY: Is she givin you a semi too?
    CAOIMHGHÍN Ó CAOLÁIN: *Nods*

CAOIMHGIN: No that's a Kalashnikov in my pocket!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Absurdum wrote: »
    and this, my friends, is why women should never have been given the vote :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:P

Aha, because I have never come across a fella to decide his vote based on the way a girl looks!:rolleyes::D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

**** sake; it is spelt 'they're'. What you wrote makes no sense

One word grammer police !here I wrote this off a phone and wayhey this is after-hours seriously like omg get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I just think it's a bit hypocritical to be treating other people like that when you wouldn't like it if your mother or granny had her photo posted up here and people talked about how ugly she is, or whether she'd take it up the hole?

I mean there has to be some sort of line drawn based on civility and common courtesy doesn't there?

And I assume the moderators can see this post and can make a decision one way or another, I really wasn't talking to them, I was talking to everyone in this thread. I'm not saying you should necessarily be censored, maybe a bit of self censorship would be the way to go in this case?

You're ugly, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I'd definitely give Lorraine Higgins a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

gcgirl wrote: »
    One word grammer police !here I wrote this off a phone and wayhey this is after-hours seriously like omg get a life

And no full stop.

4/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

RichieC wrote: »
    0013729e4ad90b3683445d.bmp

Luciana Leon, 30, Peru congress women :)

It looks like it gets very windy in that parliament? Couldn't they shut the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

HFP_004.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

chughes wrote: »
    I bet if you could, you would have given him one ;)

Only in the interests of the country, of course. ;)

HFP_002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oblomov wrote: »
    HFP_002.jpg

Hmm...dunno.

ginge.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cmaclo

OMG John Lyons is a ROIDE !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Only in the interests of the country, of course. ;)

I suppose it would be your civic duty.

Ask not what my country can do for me but what can I do for my country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

chughes wrote: »
    I suppose it would be your civic duty.

Ask not what my country can do for me but what can I do for my country.

Or WHO I can do for my country. ;)

Be careful of these politicians... get too involved and you'll get taken for a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

He's a wee bit on the older side for me now, but I still wouldn't say no to RBB

rbb.jpg

Michela Vittoria-Brambillam, Italy

Michela_Vittoria_Brambillam_1.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think the point was already made that she is a ginger and this should rule her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

kbannon wrote: »
    I think the point was already made that she is a ginger and this should rule her out.

If the cuffs and collars match I;ld relieve myself to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

**** sake; it is spelt 'they're'. What you wrote makes no sense

ROFL

Do you see what you did there?

Apart from the questionable use of punctuation?

• Advertisement

HFP_003w.jpg

Advertisement