Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fingal Gone?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Would have been harsh on Galway considering but you have to ask where do you draw the line? If the FAI strictly enforced the licensing rules what would the make up of the Premier Division look like now? Genuine question that - off the top of my head you'd have no Bohs/Drogs/Galway/Fingal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cson wrote: »
    Would have been harsh on Galway considering but you have to ask where do you draw the line? If the FAI strictly enforced the licensing rules what would the make up of the Premier Division look like now? Genuine question that - off the top of my head you'd have no Bohs/Drogs/Galway/Fingal...

Shels would be in it so thats a horrible thought.

Pats
    Derry
    Shels
    Rovers
    UCD
    Cork
    Sligo
    Dundalk
    Monaghan
    Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Only following this from a Galway United point of view, but what a farce.

Surely FAI could have held off on promoting Monaghan until Galway's appeal was heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

That would require logic and competence, so no, they couldn't. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Töpher wrote: »
    That would require logic and competence, so no, they couldn't. :o

In fairness, I think they were giving Mons a chance to prepare for the Premier, unlike Bray last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I see your point alright. But if Monaghan had prepared by signing better/dearer players in a premier division survival attempt, based on projected increased revenue from larger travelling support, that could have backfired spectacularly then. Or so I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

RTE are saying that the 1st division is now an 11 team division. Why not give the remaining spot to Cobh who lost out on promotion in the play off? At the very least it would even up the numbers.

What a wánky league. I am so sick of it.

Advertisement