Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane to Sheffield Wednesday?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I'd predict him being sacked alot earlier than that, Paully; Mandaric is the chairman :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not a fan of Megson if im honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Paully D wrote: »
    A very good team? Give me a break mate. I watched that ''very good team'' get relegated with a then low record of 15 points the previous season in the Premier League.

The players who had been bought (most of them were free transfers) before Keane came where Kenny Cunningham, Arnau Reira who played 50 minutes for the club, William Mocquet who played even less. Two decent players were signed, Darren Ward who was the goalkeeper that season and Tobias Hysen, a very good winger. So, that makes two players who were already bought before he joined that were anyway decent at all.

The first team under Keane was,
    Ward

Simpson Evans Nosworthy Collins

Hysen Yorke Whitehead Wallace

Connolly Murphy

So that makes a total of two players who were already bought before he took over, and 4 (including the two that Quinn signed) that were already at the club.

It was hardly a ''very good team'' that he took over mate, considering 7 of the starting team were brought in by Keane himself.

Where are you getting 7 from?! Nosworthy, Collins, Ward, Hysen, Whitehead and Murphy were all there before Keane. Not only that but not sure where you are getting that as the first team. Simpson and Evans both joined in January with Simpson only playing 13 games. Grant Leadbitter started 24 games as well.

Advertisement