Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stormy Galway

Options
  • 03-02-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

Very bad right now Salthill getting battered with big waves any one with pics, on Galway Bay FM now, shopping centre on headford road has structrual damage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

I love this type of weather. Its nice looking out on it when your all cosy inside. I must head down to the prom later on for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sugarfree wrote: »
    I love this type of weather. Its nice looking out on it when your all cosy inside. I must head down to the prom later on for a look.

Me too. Love seeing the high waves while I'm inside a nice hot room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys head down now if you can and post some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Folks, the Prom may not be the safest place in this weather. I saw large chunks of it torn out after Hurricane Debbie in 1961.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Guys head down now if you can and post some pics

Great idea.
    Dr. Colohan Road is flooded and it is windy enough to move cars from side to side. Plus there is high tide due soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

My wheelie bin just left on its holidays. If anyone from Mayo is reading this and sees it flying over their house, can you let me know?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's going to be a let-down like the last "hurricane", isn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

My wheelie bin just left on its holidays. If anyone from Mayo is reading this and sees it flying over their house, can you let me know?

'cptr

Yeah sure they will.

That is if, "can you let me know?", means: move it to it, and start living in it.

They do that alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Nearly got hit by a loose O Brolochan poster as i drove over the q bridge this evening, it landed on the road in front of me, I jammed on and got to leave a tyre on his face for about 2 seconds, made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I've just finished chaining the hanging sign at work to the wall; it was flapping like a really flappy thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Nearly got hit by a loose O Brolochan poster as i drove over the q bridge this evening, it landed on the road in front of me, I jammed on and got to leave a tyre on his face for about 2 seconds, made my day!
    ha the same with me when noel grealish came hurtling towards me , i didnt break i went straight trough him.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

Pearse Stadium roof that blow off early two day papers and tv crew where there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

election posters flying everywhere about the town apparently. i'm hearing a lot of them are labour's. very shoddy workmanship putting them up poorly, but what would ya expect off a crowd of chancers like labour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Alot of election posters flying loose on roads and paths around town,if anyone gets injured by them the particular candidate will be in big legal doo doo.
    If it wasnt lashing rain i'd head down to the Prom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Walking back from lunch today a massive sign blew off a pole in the square. would have squashed anyone walking near it.

Leaving work now, hope i dont get blown away on the way home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Michael Crowe nearly hit our car today but thankfully hit a neighbour's window instead. *evil laugh*
    Seriously though, watch out for them. All of Derek Nolan's ones in particular seem to have come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Michael Crowe nearly hit our car today but thankfully hit a neighbour's window instead. *evil laugh*
    Seriously though, watch out for them. All of Derek Nolan's ones in particular seem to have come down.
    All Crowe's loose posters are being picked up by volunteers as we speak i'm informed. I say the work shy labour crowd will leave theirs lying around the place for weeks, similar to how they were slow taking down posters after the locals. lazy feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Canvasser wrote: »
    I say the work shy labour crowd will leave theirs lying around the place for weeks, similar to how they were slow taking down posters after the locals. lazy feckers.

Ha ha! They'll have to consult their shop steward first:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

All Crowe's loose posters are being picked up by volunteers as we speak i'm informed. I say the work shy labour crowd will leave theirs lying around the place for weeks, similar to how they were slow taking down posters after the locals. lazy feckers.

Can we get a harumpf!

Harumpf i say dagnammit!

I love this weather. Reminds me of the days playing footie with the ball holding up in the air.

Spring has sprung beeeeatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have a heavy car and could really feel the wind shake it today.
    That doesn't happen often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

election posters flying everywhere about the town apparently.

God is telling us that she is NOT pleased with the way political signs have defaced our towns. She tried asking ye nicely to remove the, but no one was listening. So this is her revenge. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

BTW everybody look at the OP's username and then the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's perfect for one of this crappy "When you see it you'll shi t bricks..." pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

According to 4FM the roof was blown off a house on the Coast Road last night. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

yes the oranmore coast road was still closed an hour ago because of the roof. If anyone hears it has opened would appreciate you letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

JustMary wrote: »
    God is telling us that she is NOT pleased with the way political signs have defaced our towns. She tried asking ye nicely to remove the, but no one was listening. So this is her revenge. :D
    God....She??...Go wan outta that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

God???.......................go on outa that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Nolans posters are dropping at a huge rate. Any chance that the wind is getting a bit of "help"???

Huge amounts of rubbish around the place this morning.

You know the way you can be fined if you dump your rubbish and there is something with your name on it in it? Can the same be done for the political posters; I'm sure the candidates/parties would make sure they were picked up quickly if they were threathened with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Also look at the posters username that is giving out about the posters flying around the place in town!! Definitely not a Labour man/woman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

'cptr
    Due to your username I'm imagining that post was sent in from a mobile as you fly around Mayo trying to intercept your wheelie bin.

Advertisement