Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Trip to Australia - Can you Get Another Visa

Options
  • 03-02-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend and I are thinking of heading to Oz early next year for a year. She was there for 4 years in her early 20's we are 27 and 28 now. Is she still able to apply for another work / holiday type Visa and go again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

My girlfriend and I are thinking of heading to Oz early next year for a year. She was there for 4 years in her early 20's we are 27 and 28 now. Is she still able to apply for another work / holiday type Visa and go again?

if she was there for 4 years what visa did she have for that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Working Visa and then got sponsored aas far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Working Visa and then got sponsored aas far as I know

Well if she did 3 months farm work on her whv and it can be proved she would be entitled to a second visa for a year, other than that unless she has a skill in demand in oz i think she will have problems getting another visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You can get a Holiday visa no problem.

Working visa is less likely I'm guessing if she got sponsorship she wouldn't have done the 3 months (as 4 years ago you can only work 3 months for one employer) so a guess would mean she worked and got sponsored by the same employer.

Other options include you getting sponsored (you won't get that from Ireland though) and she going defecto or else a long wait for migration (if you have the skills)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Any chance her old employer would sponsor her again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Open to correction but I dont think the 2nd year visa option was available when she did her whv given the posters timelines. So couldnt get one now I would assume regardless. (please correct me if wrong as I would be interested to know)

Residency or sponsorship looks the only way to me.

Advertisement