Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Banned Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Retr0gamer, you may know more than I, but wasn't Parappa the Rapper banned (initially) for some strange reason?

I don't know why, but it always stuck in my head as one of the "Won't Somebody Think Of The Children" victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Retr0gamer, you may know more than I, but wasn't Parappa the Rapper banned (initially) for some strange reason?

I don't know why, but it always stuck in my head as one of the "Won't Somebody Think Of The Children" victims.

Are you sure it wasn't this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UmJammer_Lammy#Censorship

Or
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PaRappa_the_Rapper_2#Censorship

Closest I heard of. I know for a fact that first one was changed (said so in one of the English mags), about how we got the proper version or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I had my eye on Thrill Kill from days one back on the Playstation. Was mad hyped about it. Deranged doctors and the likes ripping each other limb from limb... That's my kinda gaming. You can imagine my disgust when it got banned.

Also, I was mighty sick when Manhunt 2 didn't hit the selves here. I was a huge fan of the original, so this was a major kick in the teeth. Ended up buying it in England about two years ago... And it was crap :(

Thrill Kill was never banned. It was cancelled. It's still available, I think.

I think with Manhunt 2 they just said "ooh, media attention about how evil and violent it is = big sales, even for a sub-par game".

Really? I could have sworn Thrill Kill was banned. Must have mixed up my information.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Really? I could have sworn Thrill Kill was banned. Must have mixed up my information.

It was never released officially and it was cancelled after EA by the company and EA being EA shut down the department.

Perhaps you got it from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7972

Nah, defo not. I've had my info wrong on this one since the 90's :pac:

deathrider wrote: »
    Nah, defo not. I've had my info wrong on this one since the 90's :pac:

I can't remember the name of the mag but there was an English one in 1996, I think. It said something in the preview about it "never seeing the light of day due to it being too violent", could that have been what you read since it made it out to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

On a tangeant topic does anyone know why Red Dead was rated 18 in the UK and PG over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ShooterSF wrote: »
    On a tangeant topic does anyone know why Red Dead was rated 18 in the UK and PG over here?

Eh?

We usually just stick to PEGI and BBFC ratings here. I just had a look and my Red Dead Redemption (Which I bought in HMV) has a BBFC 18s rating. Where are you getting PG from?

Or are you talking about Red Dead Revolver? (I'm nut sire how that was rated)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Eh?

We usually just stick to PEGI and BBFC ratings here. I just had a look and my Red Dead Redemption (Which I bought in HMV) has a BBFC 18s rating. Where are you getting PG from?

Or are you talking about Red Dead Revolver? (I'm nut sire how that was rated)

No it's redemption. I'll throw up a picture later. I got my copy in gamestop and it had the red uk 18 cert and the blue hex Irish pg one...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It might have been that way so the BBFC doesn't get in trouble with the press again. They probably imagined the Daily Mail front page headline of 'Latest game by murder simulator maker only gets PG rating from BBFC'. They've been burnt a few times over rockstar games ratings by the sensationalist press especially after the hot coffee bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

seanybiker wrote: »
    Think ill get mass effect 2

It was Mass Effect 1 actually.

sp055.jpg

RedDead.jpg

Just so I can prove I wasn't crazy.
    To be honest I was shocked at a PG rating. 15's maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ShooterSF wrote: »

Just so I can prove I wasn't crazy.
    To be honest I was shocked at a PG rating. 15's maybe...

Mine has 18/18 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is that a sticker?

I don't think i've ever seen stickers put on discs before. Maybe it was just someone having a laugh or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Had to check mine as well.

18 (German sticker)
    18 (Red round sticker)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Is that a sticker?

I don't think i've ever seen stickers put on discs before. Maybe it was just someone having a laugh or something.

yeah, the irish film boards puts the stickers over the british ones...Kinda lazy tbh

Had to check mine as well.

18 (German sticker)
    18 (Red round sticker)

I have the BBFO (brittish?) 18 label on the outside too but again the Irish PG sticker is stuck over the spine.

I dunno maybe it's an error on mine. The game doesn't seem like something that should have been passed as PG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement