Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please recommend a replacement for Blueface

• 03-02-2011 4:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I have the €10 service with them, with a fax number. I'd like to port both numbers to another vendor and get the hell away before their entire setup falls over. Who's best at the moment? Reliability and customer service are my primary concerns, I don't mind paying a little more for a service that will work 24/7 and gets support that doesn't actually try to bounce blame back on to the customers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I use goldfish.ie for my calls, to keep your number and to port it over is FREE and there is no rental on that.

If you need a new number its 2.50 a month for each line/fax number.

I have no relation to goldfish other then a customer.

Their service is very reliable and customer support is second to none! You can have a plan or have a PAYG account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Mr_Grumpy, appreciate the feedback.

Anyone else? Surprised by the lack of responses here, are ye all happy Blueface customers, despite the major outages last year? How many of ye run a business on top of it?

My phone was unable to register again this morning, all morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    I use goldfish.ie for my calls, to keep your number and to port it over is FREE and there is no rental on that.

If you need a new number its 2.50 a month for each line/fax number.
    I've only just glanced at the site, so apologies if it's clearly stated (I didn't spot it), but do you require the basic package at €2.50 a month in order to port a number over? It appeared to be the case from what I read, but looking at your post perhaps I'm mistaken (or perhaps you mean "there is no ADDITIONAL rental on that"?).

I've only just glanced at the site, so apologies if it's clearly stated (I didn't spot it), but do you require the basic package at €2.50 a month in order to port a number over? It appeared to be the case from what I read, but looking at your post perhaps I'm mistaken (or perhaps you mean "there is no ADDITIONAL rental on that"?).

Paying €2.50 will provide you with a goldfish number. The first month is a free trail. There is no extra rental for transferring your number to goldfish.

Once it is transferred over to goldfish, you can keep your goldfish number aswell at no extra cost.

I apologise for this confusion.
    Whether you need to keep the goldfish numbers in your account and only use transferred number is another story, I have contacted goldfish and I will await a reply- you can ring them tomorrow on 015547888 and they should be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    I have contacted goldfish and I will await a reply- you can ring them tomorrow on 015547888 and they should be able to help you.
    Cheers for the info.

I've come across a lot of positive comments about them recently, so must investigate it a little more.

My reading of the site looked like you could have 2 numbers per account (looked like one number in other places, but I assume that meant you were renting one new number @ €2.50p/m - slightly ambiguous, but that could have been more me than the site :o) for the monthly fee, but it was a rental fee for each number obtained from goldfish (e.g. you could have one GF number and one ported for 2.50, but 2 GF numbers would be extra).

It suggests (again, I only glanced so big caveat) that you can pay €2.50p/m for an account which has one new Irish geo number and also port in one existing number at no 'extra' (but still the €2.50p/m) cost. (Which is still a great deal tbf, but it gave the impression that the monthly fee was also linked to the account IYKWIM)

If anyone can confirm or correct that, it'd be great.

If I do get in touch with them during the week, I'll be sure to post any further info.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info.

I've come across a lot of positive comments about them recently, so must investigate it a little more.

My reading of the site looked like you could have 2 numbers per account (looked like one number in other places, but I assume that meant you were renting one new number @ €2.50p/m - slightly ambiguous, but that could have been more me than the site :o) for the monthly fee, but it was a rental fee for each number obtained from goldfish (e.g. you could have one GF number and one ported for 2.50, but 2 GF numbers would be extra).

It suggests (again, I only glanced so big caveat) that you can pay €2.50p/m for an account which has one new Irish geo number and also port in one existing number at no 'extra' (but still the €2.50p/m) cost. (Which is still a great deal tbf, but it gave the impression that the monthly fee was also linked to the account IYKWIM)

If I do get in touch with them during the week, I'll be sure to post any further info.

If you go to the goldfish website it says €2.50 for home base package and beside it to the right FREE for transfered number.
    I would suggest that there it is €2.50p/m which includes a goldfish.ie number and your transfered numbers.

This is certainly a bit confusing IMO. I will await a reply from goldfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I got a Goldfish account last week as I have been unhappy with Blueface. So far I am extremely impressed at the quality of the service. I have also found that call quality is superior, and there are some nice routing options based on time of day.

My only major gripe is that they charge 20 cents per minute for calls to Mobiles, which seems excessive. I presume that is not including VAT.

Cheers for the info.

This is the reply I got from goldfish:
    You can cancel the current number, however it would still be €2.50 per month for the number that you port into us

I hope this clears the confusion! It is a fantastic offer. There is another thread for welltel.ie which has routing services too!

Advertisement