Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor tiling question?

• 03-02-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi I have decided to re-tile my bathroom floor , I have lifted the old tiles which was a easy job as some had come loose on their own. The problem I have is the dried out adheasive impossible to get off the floor boards, Would I be better off covering the floor with marine ply and would I get away with using 6mm ply , even using this I will have to cut the bottom off the door ect. Is there a good adhesive that I could use that is flexiable and given the rough surface use instead off having to timber over any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You will need to use a flexi adhesive.

Dont try and ply over it, personally i would try using a good dollop of elbow grease to remove as much of the old dried adhesive as possible and tile over that. Its going to be a little trickier than usual because you will need to use a slightly thicker bed of fresh adhesive to compensate for the old adhesive being there and to prevent the freshly set tiles getting held up in one spot by an old lump of adhesive.

Advertisement