Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A thank you to Boardies and 'hello' from our kitties!

• 03-02-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just a quick post to say a big thanks to all on this forum who helped advise, guide and recommend direction when I was looking for a kitten (kittens it turned out!) last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921796

We've had endless hours of fun, work and frustration (Xmas tree.. uurrghhhh) with our two but wouldn't be without them for the world now.

Great personalities and a great learning experience, I would advise anybody who thinks they are 'not cat people' to keep an open mind .. I'm converted :D

Hi from Billy & Maisie Kitties.jpg
    Billy.jpg

Billy.jpg

Maisie.jpg

Thanks to all - great forum! x:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

They are so gorgeous :D

I wish them a happy, healthy and long lives with you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Fantastic to read a story with a happy ending :D they are adorable little critters!

I'm just in the process of adopting a cat myself (despite the fact that I'm more of a dog person, really, but...) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056165453

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

They're so cute! Looking at those pics, they seemed like they've settled in really well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

my hubby always says hes not a cat person but every now and then i catch him cuddling our two and the minute anything is wrong with them hes the one that takes them to the vet,,cats are great so well done with your two ..enjoy:D them,,they're lucky to have you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Oh those lovely kitties! They look like as if they are part of your little family! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Thanks all - yes, they are very loved and enjoyable additions to our household for certain. I really didnt think that kittens / cats had such personalities but gosh, have I been proven wrong.

Billy - white guy, is like a baby - constantly gently climbing on you, wanting to be on your lap, meowing and purring for rubs and strokes. He gives a wee 'whine' of a miaow and will pat your face if you stop and has to be right beside us watching everything. Note: white cat and cleaning out an open fire with soot is NOT a good combo.

Maisie has all the brains and agility. She was extremely hard to coax around to being handled and relaxed for the first few months but with help, patience and reassurance, she has finally turned a corner. She loves sleeping in front of the fire and will now roll over onto her back constantly to get you to rub her tummy. Amazing climber - favourite perch is on TOP of the door
    (yes, 1.5" wide) with paws hanging down watching tv. Go figure...

We've met so many lovely people because of our pets (Local vet, nurse, cattery lady who was amazing) so it is, in our experience, true that pets enrich your life. We wouldnt be without them now - I knew I was converted when I started having conversations with them in the morning... :D Ah sure!

Fantastic to read a story with a happy ending :D they are adorable little critters!

I'm just in the process of adopting a cat myself (despite the fact that I'm more of a dog person, really, but...) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056165453

Great thread there - I was talking about it last night at home. Well done you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hi cats!!

I totally agree, I couldn't live without pets anymore, they make life so much better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Squeeeee! They're adorable! What gorgeous cats! :o

They really are so much fun Plek Trum, aren't they? And so intelligent, and loving. I bet you'd never be without a cat now. Once you're converted at all, you become their slave. :D

Hi all - an unfortunately sad update from me ..
    Our Billy was knocked down and killed yesterday 29/09/11.

Devestated to say the least, he'll be sorely missed. Last thing we expected, especially as we live on a teeny, country cul de sac by road. ;(
    A wonderfully bossy, bonkers and beautiful kitty who made a huge impact on our lives and as part of our family. RIP XXX

Billy1.jpg

Billy2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Aw that's so sad. So sorry for your loss. Its horrible when you lose a pet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Oh Plektrum I am so sorry. Poor pet. It is so hard to lose a pet like him, especially in those circumstances.

We lost one of our own last Friday to kidney disease, but at least we had some warning.

I am devastated for you. My aunt & uncle live in a really quiet area too and have lost a couple of cats over the years. I think the cats become used to the quiet roads, and become complacent. I am sure it was instant and he did not feel a thing. Not that that's any comfort to you.

How is Maisie?

Thinking of you and so so sorry again.

Thanks SO very much for your kind words - I never fully understood how people could take comfort from internet forums when things happen and now I do.

Awful shock to get - we've gone through a rollercoaster of anger, tears, acceptance, pain, loneliness, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. We were fortunate that a very kind neighbour took the time to get my mobile number from his collar and ring me before returning home to let us know which was hugely appreciated. If we had just found him it would have been a lot harder.

Comfort to be found in that he would have died instantly and at least we have his remains buried at home - would be a lot worse to have never found him or if he had been injured and ran away and we would never have known.

Very sorry to hear about your cat too Groom - never easy, and even having time to prepare to say goodbye makes things hard too. Maisie has been getting oodles of love and treats since (if only to make ourselves feel better) - she was lonely and looking for him the first night or two so we've washed their beds etc and she seems to be okay now.

Oooh its hard but I know will get better. Our lives are definately better for having had him than not at all :)

Give all your pets a treat and some extra loving this evening, x

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

I'm so upset for you reading your post. Poor Billy, but he had you and your family in his life. Hope your other cat is OK. Cats enrich your life no doubt and yours is better for having had him in it. So sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

So sad to hear that - it is heart wrenching to lose a beloved pet for whatever reason. Feeling with with you
    Just went over to give my two a cuddle :P (unappreciated as it is sleepy time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I'm so upset for you; it sounds like he had a wonferful family and a really happy adventure filled year with you. You did the best for him while you could; I'm sure in his way he knew and appreciated how lucky he was. I'm so sorry to hear your tragic news.

Advertisement