Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootlegs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Something I can't understand. Let's assume someone is going to be naughty and knowingly bootlegs an anime, why not just torrent a quality copy and copy it to a blank DVD? Better yet, torrent a H.D. version, throw it onto your external hard drive, put the hard drive into your usb 360 port and, if you've got a HD t.v., you have a perfect H.D. version anime. O.k, you're still screwing over the industry but at least you're not paying the illegal middleman along the way, and waiting for a delivery. I'm not advocating doing this, it just makes more sense to do this than buy a bootleg if you are going down the illegal road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Something I can't understand. Let's assume someone is going to be naughty and knowingly bootlegs an anime, why not just torrent a quality copy and copy it to a blank DVD? Better yet, torrent a H.D. version, throw it onto your external hard drive, put the hard drive into your usb 360 port and, if you've got a HD t.v., you have a perfect H.D. version anime. O.k, you're still screwing over the industry but at least you're not paying the illegal middleman along the way, and waiting for a delivery. I'm not advocating doing this, it just makes more sense to do this than buy a bootleg if you are going down the illegal road.

I think you under estimate the laziness of people in general. What you posted seems a lot like work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I think you under estimate the laziness of people in general. What you posted seems a lot like work.

yeah, the whole put it on your xbox thing is a total hassle. Just download it and watch it on your PC. "Oh it's done? *doubleclick*"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Numina wrote: »
    yeah, the whole put it on your xbox thing is a total hassle. Just download it and watch it on your PC. "Oh it's done? *doubleclick*"

Or even set up a media server. Downloaded onto the pc, stream to the xbox. Martinis while watching the latest anime in comfort :cool:

Advertisement