Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" TV Full HD TV

Options
  • 03-02-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

Looking for a well-priced TV with Saorview.
    I've got a voucher that can be redeemed at the below places. Anyone got/ seen any bargains recently I could look into?

Amazon.co.uk
    Argos
    Arnotts
    Brown Thomas
    Clerys
    Currys
    Harvery Norman
    PC World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vinniew09

samsung le40c530 €499 in currys....its well worth a look. 1080p, mpeg4 tuner,plays movies through a usb....nice piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

vinniew09 wrote: »
    samsung le40c530 €499 in currys....its well worth a look. 1080p, mpeg4 tuner,plays movies through a usb....nice piece of kit

Cheers, will certainly look into that.
    Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have this TV, id highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

I bought this TV last week in Currys.

I'd highly recommend it for this price.

• Advertisement

Cheers, that Samsung one looks pretty good alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vinniew09

7 serious 200hz samsung 40" 849.99!!!absolute bargin

GBX wrote: »
    Have this TV, id highly recommend it.

Same as, got it for €560 in Power City during the summer. Very nice indeed and fully Saorview compatible. The ability to play video files through USB is a nice touch, even does MKVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

I bought the Samsung 40" HD in Power City just before Christmas for €475 including free delivery. Not sure if it's still at that price!

Was watching this one on Amazon, and just bought it for £360 (€427). Best price I could find for it, although you'll need someone living in the North to have it delivered.
    Let's hope it's as good as everyone says now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Karsini wrote: »
    Same as, got it for €560 in Power City during the summer. Very nice indeed and fully Saorview compatible. The ability to play video files through USB is a nice touch, even does MKVs.

is that this TV?

http://www.did.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-40-1080P-LCD-TV-LE40C530F1WXX/18010/317

i'm looking to buy this week and was wondering it this is a good deal?

cheers

Yep that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

The tunner of my Samsung le40c530 has gone.

The screen/image is almost 100% white, but only watching TV, the HDMI inputs work ok. I plugged the antenna into another TV and it works, so something inside the TV is broken.

I'm happy about had extended the guarantee at Currys :)

Advertisement