Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3 beta!

Options
  • 03-02-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

open beta available to download now on psn. 800megs too so not so big.

looking forward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

open beta available to download now on psn. 800megs too so not so big.

looking forward to it.

Thats still going to take a few hours for me:(. Don't know why my PS3 is so slow to download, my PC, laptops and 360 can do 2gb in about 15 mins.

The other day it took my PS3 8hrs to download 1gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Thats still going to take a few hours for me:(. Don't know why my PS3 is so slow to download, my PC, laptops and 360 can do 2gb in about 15 mins.

The other day it took my PS3 8hrs to download 1gb of data.

I think it all depends on how many peoples downloading the file at same time?

I think it all depends on how many peoples downloading the file at same time?

Yeah think so. It's moving along ok now. The LBP2 and ME2 demos took hours to get.

Yeah think so. It's moving along ok now. The LBP2 and ME2 demos took hours to get.

servers are fecked anyways so let it take as long as it wants.. probably wont be fixed for a while :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played a few bot levels with the Move as the servers are down, its ok but my room is too small it keeps going off line and im more controlling a on screen crosshair than aiming if you get what i mean.

Think ill chance the main game with the move but not online im too slow with it. Not that im much better with the controller :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Tried downloading it there. Took two hours and when it was finally downloaded it said the data was corrupt and couldn't install. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The medics have got silenced burst versions of the main assault rifles is a good touch it'll make them less of a front line fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I started downloading it this afternoon while playing LBP2 and forgot about it, went back earlier thinking it would be done, but the fecking thing just stopped and now is stuck at 91%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got it in 15 mins...woop woop 10MB UPC

If yas are interested in joining the boards clan for now... Message me: cartman91 and let me know then I will add yas... Clan tag is same as Killzone 2 (-BoC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just played a few matches.. pretty good.. :D.. pity its only one map though..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not to keen on it, just dont particularly like the pace of the game and the controller layout

Is there away to reduce the sensitivity of the controller ?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Got it in 15 mins...woop woop 10MB UPC

45 mins on 20Mb UPC here. Very good by PSN standards but not like getting a 1Gb demo off XBL in under 10 mins. PSN needs more bandwidth for download hosting.

Really liking this though, a nice change from the typical fast paced CoD game style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

one thing i noticed is that you seem to be able to run forever when you're an infiltrator ..

theres kinda like a "leg it upto people... shotgun in the face..." type of thing going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I is confused as to what thread to post in. This one or the KZ3 Megathead in "Games", this new fangled forum structure is annoying me....

Gonna be playing this all night...

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not to keen on it, just dont particularly like the pace of the game and the controller layout

Is there away to reduce the sensitivity of the controller ?

you can change the controller layout to a COD set up and change the sensitivity of the movement in options.

I is confused as to what thread to post in. This one or the KZ3 Megathead in "Games", this new fangled forum structure is annoying me....

Gonna be playing this all night...

I agree it was so much better when it was just ps games here etc.. I will be on all night too maybe gimme a shout or invite if you wanna party up..

WTF just loaded it up, I finished on lvl 9 yday and now I'm level 7.. And the last game was the game I got 10 ks .. I wouldn't mind I just left when game was over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I cant get into a game. I click multiplayer and it just forever loads, when it loads itl ask for e region, click Europe and then it just loads for ages again.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

How do u change sensitivity?? Im in Botzone, I press start, cant see it anywere:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Played this until 9am this morning

I really like it, not as fluid as most FPS bur it's an outstanding game

I has the headset on last night and had to tell people how to unlock their secondary weapons etc cause they didn't have a clue :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How do u change sensitivity?? Im in Botzone, I press start, cant see it anywere:confused:

its under start, wireless controller, advanced setup, and you can change the x and y axis sensitivity, was the first thing i went looking for, and WHHHYYY cant you put the crouch funtion on the R3 stick?! CoD has the best setup for fps games by far on a pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Im getting an Error code 20000 when I try to play online. When you choose your region it wont load and then the error message comes up telling me I need to sign in or something. Anyone know whats up? I played it offline and it was a hell of a lotta fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

can anyone tell me how to capture "tactical spawn areas" when u play as a tactician...please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mkb1441

Alright.

IS it just me, or is Killzone just a bit...clunky? Or bulky or heavy or whatever.
    Don't get me wrong, the beta is great (when i can connect) but I can never really feel like the movements are natural or fluid when I'm playing.

Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Mkb1441 wrote: »
    Alright.

IS it just me, or is Killzone just a bit...clunky? Or bulky or heavy or whatever.
    Don't get me wrong, the beta is great (when i can connect) but I can never really feel like the movements are natural or fluid when I'm playing.

Anyone else have this problem?:confused:
    It's supposed to be that way. Personally I prefer it. Maybe you'll get used to it?

I wouldn't say that the movements are not natural or fluid - I don't think you can twirl 180 degrees easily holding a massive SMG or assault rifle. The developers were aiming for a more 'realistic' feel with the movement and feel of the weapons in these games, which I think makes for a more tactical shooter instead of a 'twitch' shooter like some other games.

It is always amazing in games when a 15 stone man with full body armour and a massive gun can run at top speed and jump and spin with the ease of a ballerina.

Killzone is different its a heavy game, similar to gears of war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Am I the only one having problems connecting?

GothPunk wrote: »
    It's supposed to be that way. Personally I prefer it. Maybe you'll get used to it?

I wouldn't say that the movements are not natural or fluid - I don't think you can twirl 180 degrees easily holding a massive SMG or assault rifle. The developers were aiming for a more 'realistic' feel with the movement and feel of the weapons in these games, which I think makes for a more tactical shooter instead of a 'twitch' shooter like some other games.

Yeah, I know what you mean:D Haven't been able to connect for a while but I finally got into a game today and started playing operations :D I love the new cutscenes where you get to see yourself doin' something cool:p

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Am I the only one having problems connecting?

No, I kept getting stuck at the 'Connecting' screen for the last two days, but i managed to get some games today, maybe it's just a matter of luck.:(

Try praying, it worked for me:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement