Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window not sealing properly

• 03-02-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have a window like the one below. When it is closes there is a gap around where it should be sealed.
    Is there away of adjusting these windows to get it to seal properly again

IMG_8280.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

sounds like the hinges need replacing i do loads of them only fixed a set and windows were only a year old company gone bust wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

massy086 wrote: »
    sounds like the hinges need replacing i do loads of them only fixed a set and windows were only a year old company gone bust wonder why

Is it easy to replace them massy, where could i buy a set?

it all depends are your windows pvc or aluminium is the window upstairs or downstairs

it all depends are your windows pvc or aluminium is the window upstairs or downstairs

it's a DORMER window:eek: Could be fun. PVC

the hinges will either be screwed to the frame or pop riveted you wiil need to take the opinning window off the frame replace the hinges and put the window back up its not easy trust me

• Advertisement

the hinges will either be screwed to the frame or pop riveted you wiil need to take the opinning window off the frame replace the hinges and put the window back up its not easy trust me

Just had a glance at them there, they are screwed on to frame and pop riveted to the opening part.

What goes wrong with them that causes the gap?

they just get bend because of age tbh

Thanks for your help massy. Where would i buy a set?

Got new hinges for my windows during the week.

Took off old hinges put new hinges pit could not line it up correctly to close window, it was too high or too low Jesus wrecked my head. :confused:

Any helpful tips.

have u the new hinges screw to the window yes and is it then screwed to the frame

• Advertisement

have u the new hinges screw to the window yes and is it then screwed to the frame

ya screwed the hinge to the window first and then to the frame.

Noticed that the location holes were different on the new set of hinges so this upset things a bit.

When I fix them to the window how do I determine how far up or down it goes before fixing it?

There is a small brass screw on the black runner on the hinge, what us this for?

Advertisement