Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone recommend a TV repair person Meath / West Dublin?

• 03-02-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct place for this - mods feel free to move if not. It's the closest match I could find.

My telly is switching itself off about 3 seconds after being switched on. (And no - I don't think it's someone hiding and playing a nasty trick with a remote control.)

As I have the technical skills of a gerbil, I need to get someone out to look at it. I'm in Ratoath, so anyone around Ashbourne, Dunshaughlin or even Finglas or Dublin 15 would be close enough.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Before calling someone, confirm the power lead is not loose - or better still, try a new lead (if it is not attached into the TV).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

Thanks. Yeah checked that. Power lead is okay. Anyway, the power is coming on briefly. Presume it wouldn't come on at all if the power was dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

there is a place in drogheda that you could try. murphys. they may look at it for you

give them a bell on 041 9837092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

is it a Panasonic lcd?
    reason i ask is that happened to mine(about 2 years ago) turned out the pannel had gone ,
    outside warranty period but Panasonic agreed to replace the panel for free.

what about peats they did have a place in Blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

ferga_com wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah checked that. Power lead is okay. Anyway, the power is coming on briefly. Presume it wouldn't come on at all if the power was dodgy.

Plug out the hdmi and scarts. Now switch it back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭gizajob

Could be the inverter board needs replacing. That was the problem with my sisters two year old TV recently, flashes up the logo then switches off.
    There is a repair shop in Blanchardstown village, Duffys (01) 8207374

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dizart

can recommend my father. he is with 30 years experience in repairing tv's.
    Based in Dublin 24, citywest.

Advertisement