Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SERIOUS ISSUES with Triax ST-HD537 Combi - Buyer Beware

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

amandstu wrote: »
    Thanks.

I went to menu>Information and I can see the Software version is V3.8.1

Incidentally ,having just switched it on to get that info I notice that at first the signal strength/quality readings were zero ( the actual station ,ch4 being perfectly fine) but after I had gone to RTE and back again to ch4 these readings were normal.

It also affected the Tuner Lock reading.

there is newer software available 4.11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

steveon wrote: »
    there is newer software available 4.11

There's a 4.31

Mikenesson wrote: »
    There's a 4.31

problem is where to get it ....triax wont support the box and the only software on their site is 4.11 which I found to be more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭amandstu

How does that work ?One downloads it to a usb stick and transfers the stick from the pc to the back of the box?

Is the process risk free and reversible?

If my terrestrial aerial moves in strong winds is it more sensible to get that sorted first and see if the problem disappears ?

problem is where to get it ....triax wont support the box and the only software on their site is 4.11 which I found to be more reliable.

I was on 4.31 and I'm gone back to 4.11 after updating lol

I don't think it'll cure my problem with the screen going blank,I think it's a hardware issue but I'll see

Mikenesson wrote: »
    I was on 4.31 and I'm gone back to 4.11 after updating lol

I don't think it'll cure my problem with the screen going blank,I think it's a hardware issue but I'll see

I have mine running since I read the problems and have no problems with screen going blank currently watching Freesports in HD on it...had problems on all software versions except 4.11 I swapped out all the 537 I sold for Tsc114 back in the day which cost me a lot in the long term as they broke my heart with continious callbacks and triax turned there back on them and refused to fix.

amandstu wrote: »
    How does that work ?One downloads it to a usb stick and transfers the stick from the pc to the back of the box?

Is the process risk free and reversible?

If my terrestrial aerial moves in strong winds is it more sensible to get that sorted first and see if the problem disappears ?

Yes u download onto a pen and it will update....problem with 4.1.1 is when u goto on a channel it takes a few seconds for the sound to come on from memory they removed the red button access which was strangely causing the blank screen issues...

The software is reversable but only if you can get your hands on the old 3.8 version.

you can also backup your channel lists by going to info
    and pressing 1475 on the remote

Yes u download onto a pen and it will update....problem with 4.1.1 is when u goto on a channel it takes a few seconds for the sound to come on from memory they removed the red button access which was strangely causing the blank screen issues...

The software is reversable but only if you can get your hands on the old 3.8 version.

you can also backup your channel lists by going to info
    and pressing 1475 on the remote

Cheers.

Red button working 4.11 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭decor58

amandstu wrote:

Just a word of caution, during the update do not switch off the box, my one started doing all sorts of things, I tried to switch off the box and ended up crashing it.

Still using this box. An ongoing problem is the very poor quality when I record anything. It drops in and out all the time .

Can that be being caused by a poor RTE signal -or is it the box itself?

Is there anything I can do to solve this ? (I don't think it is the terrestrial cable causing a problem even though it has been very bad in its own right over the past few years)

Advertisement