Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harrier jump jet for sale ... Knockdown price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

thats cool if I had the money Id put it out on the front garden and spend the day watching the neighbors reactions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Id try get my paws on some missiles and set of for a bombing raid on a certain mans house in Clara, Co Offaly.. Can you imagine the panicked fat head on him as he drops a pint and tries to hide as the jet gets closer and the noise louder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

Aw it's gone from ebay and i'd just organised the €70k for it too. damn! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Heard on the radio earlier on that some kid used his Dad's eBay account to bid on it. Its back on sale now apparently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Can this thing still fly? A god friend of mine used to fly these in the US marines. Reckons he can land it in my back garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

seanmacc wrote: »
    Can this thing still fly? A god friend of mine used to fly these in the US marines. Reckons he can land it in my back garden.

Hi Sean, the Harrier is a Decomissioned Museum Aircraft.

In fact all UK ( RAF/RN ) Harriers/SHars do not fly anymore.

Here she is in her previous glory:
    F8E54C07114348048D9144104E119703-0000336624-0002150712-00800L-018EE482E99049558F67AD26D769E39B.jpg

And Airborne: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgetuo/3784066935/

XW269 / BD (cn 212008) Harrier T4, as you can see the Nose has been modified and the Ebay Aircraft denoted the Tailcode "TB" while the Airliners.net harrier denotes the Tailcode "BD", What is also on the ebay Harrier is her 4 Squadron Markings.

http://www.fourfax.co.uk/01/general/harrier-t2-xw269-restored

Yorkshire based Jet Art Aviation LTD have just completed a 12 month restoration of Hawker Siddeley ‘T-Bird’ Harrier XW269. This aircraft represents one of the rarer variants of this Classic British Aircraft, being one of only a handful of two seat examples.

The aircraft has undergone a 12 month restoration to externally complete static display standard finished with an early T2 nose and repainted to early T2 specification with 3 tone camouflage paint finish. This is as the aircraft entered service with 4 Squadron RAF in 1971. A full set of external stores: 100 Gallon Drop tanks, SNEB rocket pods and Aden cannon gun pods fitted to the belly.

XW269 served a long and interesting flying career having flown with: 4 Sqn, 1 Sqn, 3 Sqn, and the Strike Attack Operational Evaluation Unit (SAOEU) being used for weapons trials and testing under tactical conditions. The aircraft was finally used for ‘Night Bird’ AV8/GR5 Harrier trials with forward looking Infra Red being tried and tested on this very aircraft. This aircraft was last flown in 1997 after 26 years of service.

The aircraft was acquired by Jet Art in November 2010. It is now the only first generation two seat RAF Harrier Aircraft finished to T2 specification any where in the world making this aircraft totally unique. With the early paint scheme and 4 Squadron markings Jet Art Feel this is a fitting tribute to the early days of the Royal Air Force Harrier force who operated from RAF Germany.

The aircraft is now being offered for sale.

Advertisement