Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours from hell...

• 03-02-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Need some advice. My crazy next door neighbours have kindly left their gorgeous white transit parked outside MY house. Didn't really mind at all for the first month, or two but now its getting on my t**s! Apparently it's broken but I'm sure if they let the handbrake off they could roll it over to their house. Don't wanna cause any drama but I'm starting to feel that if I don't say anything it's gonna become an even more permanent fixture. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Kick the van in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Butterfly7 wrote: »
    Need some advice. My crazy next door neighbours have kindly left their gorgeous white transit parked outside MY house. Didn't really mind at all for the first month, or two but now its getting on my t**s! Apparently it's broken but I'm sure if they let the handbrake off they could roll it over to their house. Don't wanna cause any drama but I'm starting to feel that if I don't say anything it's gonna become an even more permanent fixture. Any suggestions?

Say something. How else are the neighbours from hell? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Van the f*ck up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

a flat tyre... then two...then 3 .... then 4....then a dent or two or park your car across their drive and go a for a long walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Unless you live in Moyross tell 'em to heave-ho, sharpish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Tell them you want it moved! It's their van so they should have it on their property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Buy a pair of earplugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Write "Wash Me" on it with your finger. That'll teach em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hardly the "Neighbours from Hell".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Put it on t'internet; 'Free to the first person that can tow it'.

You've lost they keys, but they can have it for parts*

*not really, this post does not advocate crime. I retract it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I have a rather unusual idea

Ask them to move it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ruu wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

I believe the standard procedure is to let the license plates fall off (it's very windy right now!) and call the corpo to let them know an abandoned van has been parked in your drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Advertise it for sale in the local rags, or sit in it for an hour when they are in the house, make a fun game out of it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Butterfly7

Ruu wrote: »

I'd b here all nite wit all the stories but mainly they're v noisy. Wen they're at home they're killing eachother, or the kids. When they leave the house, their alarm goes off til they get back... Sometimes for the whole wknd!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 destinybabe

If they've left it outside that long they could decide to just continue leaving it there which is obviously worrying to you..just say you have friends/relatives coming and want to let them park at your house ask if they need a hand pushing it over................ or alternatively you could get others to park outside theirs see if they realise they're taking up space you need so your family/friends have to resort to abandoning their vechicles outside the neighbours as a result.

Do they not care or just not realise it's bothering you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

They're taking the piss. Ask them to move it asap.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    a flat tyre... then two...then 3 .... then 4....then a dent or two or park your car across their drive and go a for a long walk!

Tried our own awkward parking but they didn't take the hint. Plus I'm a big believer in '2 wrongs don't make a right' so stopped after a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Big foots diick

Blare jungle music all nite long like that priest from father ted.when they come knockin to ask you to turn it down propose a trade.Move the van,music stops.
    Simples..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭flutered

if its parked in a public place it requires the owners to tax it, talk nice to your local choclate soldier.

• Advertisement

Put it on t'internet; 'Free to the first person that can tow it'.

You've lost they keys, but they can have it for parts*

*not really, this post does not advocate crime. I retract it all.
    ha ha! That's a great idea! Mite try that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Ring the army bomb disposal unit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The wind is howling out there

You know the licence plates might blow off tonight.
    Best you then call the council tomorrow

flutered wrote: »
    if its parked in a public place it requires the owners to tax it, talk nice to your local choclate soldier.

Yea tax is out so was thinking that alright!

If they've left it outside that long they could decide to just continue leaving it there which is obviously worrying to you..just say you have friends/relatives coming and want to let them park at your house ask if they need a hand pushing it over................ or alternatively you could get others to park outside theirs see if they realise they're taking up space you need so your family/friends have to resort to abandoning their vechicles outside the neighbours as a result.

Do they not care or just not realise it's bothering you?

They know it's a pain which is y they've abandoned it outside my house instead of their own! Tbh I do hav visitors coming in a couple of weeks which is y I need this resolved. Maybe I'll just tell them that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd b here all nite wit all the stories but mainly they're v noisy. Wen they're at home they're killing eachother, or the kids. When they leave the house, their alarm goes off til they get back... Sometimes for the whole wknd!

My neighbours used to do that. Its stopped soon after I got a ladder and pair of wire snips. They called the garda station and reported me for criminal damage, but they didn't seem that interested in investigating considering the amount of phone calls they had received about the alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Seduce it with a rose bought off a suspicious looking woman outside a nightclub, some linden village and tesco value chocolate and have loads of little tranies together

/:obored.com

Thanx cuddlesworth. Yea the guards hav had plenty of calls about this one! Does that really work cos I'd defo try it!

Ugh batts about to go:( will check back later for ur suggestions & let u know how I get on. Thanx evry1 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ugh batts about to go:( will check back later for ur suggestions & let u know how I get on. Thanx evry1 :-)

Lke omg tn she yer bn n bn yer. Omg.

K.
    Tnk.

b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If it's open let handbrake off and give it a bit of a push then let good ole gravity take charge.
    Or just set fire to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Something tough sounding, really really aggressive...words..of anger.GRRRRRR!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wait a week until your visitors are coming and politely ask them to move it in advance of same. If they say 'no' whip the plates off it that night and report it to the council - they will take it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Not parked in your property.

Not your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Employ a skanger to hang around with a screwdriver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

Something tough sounding, really really aggressive...words..of anger.GRRRRRR!!!!!!:mad:

get on to council or litter warden re abandoned vehicle--advise gardai untaxed or uninsured vehicle on public roadway etc and follow up with a letter if there is no movement ---- Put it on free website as free to take away with the address of the owner--ask to call around after 8pm or early Sunday morning-
    -
    Eventually they will get message Ps is it on footpath or on a corner or opposite white line-- traffic hazard
    Your choices are only limited by the borders of your imagination

Does it obstruct your view when exiting the drive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If you find a fecking parked van is neighbours from hell you should count yourself lucky. If its your property tell them to move if not then all you can do is ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

twogunkid wrote: »
    get on to council or litter warden re abandoned vehicle--advise gardai untaxed or uninsured vehicle on public roadway etc and follow up with a letter if there is no movement ---- Put it on free website as free to take away with the address of the owner--ask to call around after 8pm or early Sunday morning-
    -
    Eventually they will get message Ps is it on footpath or on a corner or opposite white line-- traffic hazard
    Your choices are only limited by the borders of your imagination

Does it obstruct your view when exiting the drive ?

Yeah its blocking our veiw out the window. I likes eating a choc ice & looking out the winda at the nextdoor neighbours big telly facing the window. S'great.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Listen I agree put it up for free and have it towed.... Someone will take it for scrap and wind them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Tried our own awkward parking but they didn't take the hint. Plus I'm a big believer in '2 wrongs don't make a right' so stopped after a couple of days.

do u live in chavtown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

If it was a gorgeous white Merc,would there be a problem???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Keep throwing salt on it and it might rust away gradually over a period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

Neighbours from hell lol. don't get me wrong i didn't tolerate it either, was the most of my worries regarding neighbours but it were hardly hell. don't we have it good - but i know what i certainly wouldn't put up with n its not as minor as a parking space being hogged :pac: title does not fit the profile. let-down!

orourkeda wrote: »
    Van the f*ck up

i like that

if i ever drive, it'll be a van. not lowering myself to get in to some.. car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

all u have to do is call in- tell them you are after buying a car and they will have to move your van because you have no where to park ur car. simple

its not like they are gonna call in and say "yo wheres the car u said u bought?":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Move into it. Await squatters rights and then in 10 or so years set fire to it claiming insurance.

Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Get the keys and drive it through the gates of leinster house, leave his name and number in the front passenger seats and leg it !!

OMG one of satan's minions just parked his car out front! :eek:

give him a wet willy.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Have them exorcised by the parish priest. The evil cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not on your property, so they have no legal obligation to move it (unless it's blocking your driveway)
    but just go into them and talk to them about it politely, without getting on the proverbial high horse
    you'd be surprised how accommodating people can be if you just talk to them

• Advertisement
Advertisement