Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Pilger on Palestine (CuCullen)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

Love John Pilger along with Robert Fisk, Naom Chomsky, Ilan Pappe, Norman Finkelstein and some others he is a voice of logic and reason when it comes to politics in the Middle East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Dont think we should be bringing politics into a music forum tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Love John Pilger along with Robert Fisk, Naom Chomsky, Ilan Pappe, Norman Finkelstein and some others he is a voice of logic and reason when it comes to politics in the Middle East

one or two knew ones for me too check out man, nice one. Yeah pilger is a legend, inspiring to say the least...some incredible stuff over the years. Thanks for checkin this out!

@ Hugh, next youl be tellin us not to bring apples to a fruit market....plz leave this thread before you ruin it and make a tit of urself

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Dont think we should be bringing politics into a music forum tbh.

The above is far more than just about politics.

Hip Hop and Politics have a long history together.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

• Advertisement

Sorry people,just a personal opinion,there's a place on the site for politics,and for people enforcing their political views.
    I don't think a music forum is that place.

@ Cullo,why would you bring apples to a fruit market,that analogy makes no sense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

By that logic, here are some people that we are no longer allowed to talk about on this forum:

Kanye West
    Eminem
    Brother Ali
    Public Enemy
    Immortal Technique
    Dead Prez
    Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
    Nas
    Common
    NWA
    2Pac

I think a rather large list could be compiled.

Sorry people,just a personal opinion,there's a place on the site for politics,and for people enforcing their political views.
    I don't think a music forum is that place.

@ Cullo,why would you bring apples to a fruit market,that analogy makes no sense.

To sell em ye big donkey.

Cullo wrote: »
    To sell em ye big donkey.
    im not following you,people cant just walk in off the street and sell a couple of apples in a fruit market.
    you get that your analogy makes no sense dont you?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    By that logic, here are some people that we are no longer allowed to talk about on this forum:

Kanye West
    Eminem
    Brother Ali
    Public Enemy
    Immortal Technique
    Dead Prez
    Nas
    Common
    NWA
    2Pac

i can live with us never talking about brother ali and i.t.,both horrible artists imo.
    but that aside,by the same token i never said stop discussing artists all together who at some point have made a political song.
    i said,or meant political songs dealing with current political issues have no place in a music forum.
    that does not mean,or in no way allude to we can no longer discuss common because common has made a political song.

maybe ive overlooked it,if so my bad,but help me out and show me where i alluded to us never discussing commons music ever again?

• Advertisement

i can live with us never talking about brother ali and i.t.,both horrible artists imo.
    but that aside,by the same token i never said stop discussing artists all together who at some point have made a political song.
    i said,or meant political songs dealing with current political issues have no place in a music forum.
    that does not mean,or in no way allude to we can no longer discuss common because common has made a political song.

maybe ive overlooked it,if so my bad,but help me out and show me where i alluded to us never discussing commons music ever again?

Can someone truly be this lonely??

Can someone truly be this lonely??
    you probably feel a deep connection with the political songs youve posted,sitting in your room alone,intently staring out the window while stroking your chin,all the while worrying about the plight of the people in Israel.

yet you take the piss out of,and attack a fellow forum member who disagrees with a move youve made online.hmmmm

i dont buy your show of affinity,it seems self indulgent and fake.

just my opinion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

so while we are on the topic, this is a belter

you probably feel a deep connection with the political songs youve posted,sitting in your room alone,intently staring out the window while stroking your chin,all the while worrying about the plight of the people in Israel.

yet you take the piss out of,and attack a fellow forum member who disagrees with a move youve made online.hmmmm

just my opinion though.

chin up gadgie, it might never happen :)

just my opinion though.

Nail on the head man, you got me!

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    so while we are on the topic, this is a belter

Sorry man, ye cant play that in here....ur forcing ur political views on everyone.....this is a music forum incase you hadnt realised, dont know what you were thinkin posting up music

Sorry man, ye cant play that in here....ur forcing ur political views on everyone.....this is a music forum incase you hadnt realised, dont know what you were thinkin posting up music

Right enough bud, lost the run of myself there.

The people mentioned have done far more than had just one political song, jumping on campaign bandwagons, addressing public forums etc.

What you have intimated is that politics in Hip Hop is not allowed, I am saying that it is allowed and is a common theme in hip hop.
    So I think we can leave it at that.

@Cullo - Please refrain from personal abuse

fair enough,just a difference of opinion,nothing wrong with that on a forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Kanye West
    Eminem
    Brother Ali
    Public Enemy
    Immortal Technique
    Dead Prez
    Nas
    Common
    NWA
    2Pac

Slap Ice Cube's album The Predator right at the top of that list for the raw aggression of these two tracks alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Just something iz workin on the last few days...

Ohhhhhh, another evil Israel thread. Those suicide bombers - so cool when blowing up family pizza joints. Fisk and Pilger provide them with the 'moral' cover for such actions although they sometimes mildly condemn/regret Sinn Fein style.

eamo12 wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh, another evil Israel thread. Those suicide bombers - so cool when blowing up family pizza joints. Fisk and Pilger provide them with the 'moral' cover for such actions although they sometimes mildly condemn/regret Sinn Fein style.

Yeah and israel so cool when firing american made missiles randomly into buildings saying they had information that some head hamas leader was there so lets blow up the whole block.....do the maths...in a war that lasted a few days in 2008 there was 1400 mostly civilian palestinins killed and only 11 israelis killed.....you tell me who the terrorist is???
    and suicide bombings are the last resort of desperate people who hav nothing to live for, normaly cos ther whole family was killed by zionist pigs....
    there only other "real weapons" they have are **** rockets with feck all firing range so when fired very rarly reach anywhere but sand pits.....so what else should they do while israel continue to kick people out of there homes and build illigal settlements on land thats not theres which the UN have been telling them for the last 30 yrs to stop doing which they continue to ignore while at the same time cutting of there water, closing ther boarders and ports, cutting of all aid, food and medical supplies and blowing up all ther hospitals and schools.

yeah, the poor israelis

i rest my case.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

eamo12 wrote: »

Israel is evil. Building on Palestinian land makes me sick. Innocent people don't deserve to die. People who have done nothing. But for the people involved in Tzahal and Mossad... I leave no comment. The people building on Palestinian land and displacing families of innocent people should be put back to the Stone Age where that kind of behaviour belongs. Zionism is dead in urban Israel. It's only affluent American Jews ("Returning to the Holy Land) and Stone Age minded evil Zionists who believe what Israel is doing is right.

Music has helped a lot of this movement be broadcast worldwide. Unfortunately I'd love to take your comments further, but this is a Hip-Hop forum so I'll stop there.

Le King wrote: »
    Israel is evil. Building on Palestinian land makes me sick. Innocent people don't deserve to die. People who have done nothing. But for the people involved in Tzahal and Mossad... I leave no comment. The people building on Palestinian land and displacing families of innocent people should be put back to the Stone Age where that kind of behaviour belongs. Zionism is dead in urban Israel. It's only affluent American Jews ("Returning to the Holy Land) and Stone Age minded evil Zionists who believe what Israel is doing is right.

Music has helped a lot of this movement be broadcast worldwide. Unfortunately I'd love to take your comments further, but this is a Hip-Hop forum so I'll stop there.

Just for the record, I wasnt sayin suicide bombers where right, but I can see what might lead a person to do it....I mean the japanese done it purley out of desperation, same goes wit palestinians.....but I cant see what would lead an IDF soldier to shoot a 12 yr old boy tru the head cos he was throwing stones at houses or shooting a 13 yr old girl 20 TIMES cos she was to close to an israeli observation tower....that I just cant see a reason for.

Think this should be moved out of this forum now tbh,it has nothing to do with music at all.

So what does anyone make of the Hi-hats I used?? very nice hey....I like the way they go tap, tap, tap.....

I might sample the strings on this choon....does anyone like em?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

@ Cullo: Your track is a pile of shíte, seriously. You say you've spent a few DAYS working on it...? It consists of an interview sample of some guy rambling on about the Palestinian cause over a shít, slow, uninteresting beat, and then you layered your propaganda video clips over it. I could do that in 5 minutes, no exaggeration. You're anti-establishment - wow, how clichéd in hip hop. Take off the Che Guevara T-shirt and grow up mate.

Reading a history book wouldn't go amiss either. The British drew lines in the sand in the Middle East and articficially constructed the "Palestinian" people. They never really existed culturally.

Fo Real wrote: »
    @ Cullo: Your track is a pile of shíte, seriously. You say you've spent a few DAYS working on it...? It consists of an interview sample of some guy rambling on about the Palestinian cause over a shít, slow, uninteresting beat, and then you layered your propaganda video clips over it. I could do that in 5 minutes, no exaggeration. You're anti-establishment - wow, how clichéd in hip hop. Take off the Che Guevara T-shirt and grow up mate.

Reading a history book wouldn't go amiss either. The British drew lines in the sand in the Middle East and articficially constructed the "Palestinian" people. They never really existed culturally.

Sorry man, didnt realise the idea behind tracks was to make em as quick as possible. The vocal samples are from a few different interviews and I took my time to find the ones I wanted to use rather than throw in random ones which might be what youd do but not me.
    Also took time to find the clips I wanted to use rather than ripping someone elses video which also might be what youd do but not me.
    and wasnt using the beat for myself as its pretty slow with not much happenin in it so thought id use it for this...is that ok with you mate??
    Also have kids and a full time job so normally get about an hour max a day if im lucky so are you sayin I should of started the thread like this...

Just something iz workin on for bout an hour a day for the last 3 days....
    think someone has some growing up to do!

Reading a history book wouldn't go amiss either. The British drew lines in the sand in the Middle East and articficially constructed the "Palestinian" people. They never really existed culturally

So what your saying is the people dont exsist?? That they dont have the right to there own land and state? and what Israel is doing is right?? get a grip man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

The "Palestinian people" is a political construct used to undermine the right of Israel to exist. They've never historically existed. Jordanians, Syrians, Palestinians etc... they are all Arabs at the end of the day. The British divided up the Middle East, designating some Arabs to a patch of sand they called Syria, another bunch of Arabs to Lebannon etc. I suggest you read up on the dissolution of the Ottoman empire.

But it's not my job to educate you on history, especially as this is a hip hop forum, so I'll stick to discussing the music. And my point stands: your track is utter garbage. Never in a million years would I contemplate listening to it again for free on youtube, never mind buying the bloody thing. Still can't believe you spent 3 whole days working on it...wow.

Fo Real wrote: »
    The "Palestinian people" is a political construct used to undermine the right of Israel to exist. They've never historically existed. Jordanians, Syrians, Palestinians etc... they are all Arabs at the end of the day. The British divided up the Middle East, designating some Arabs to a patch of sand they called Syria, another bunch of Arabs to Lebannon etc. I suggest you read up on the dissolution of the Ottoman empire.

But it's not my job to educate you on history, especially as this is a hip hop forum, so I'll stick to discussing the music. And my point stands: your track is utter garbage. Never in a million years would I contemplate listening to it again for free on youtube, never mind buying the bloody thing. Still can't believe you spent 3 whole days working on it...wow.

As for your first paragraph......No offence but you must be jewish or just plain ignorant. I know what your saying and thanks for your suggestion, I will read up on it more but already know enough on it to know Israel is wrong but that still doesnt give Israel the right to do what ther doing and didnt give them the right to level lebannon to the ground ether, end of.

As for your second paragraph your entitle to your opinion....dont know where your going with selling it tho, Im not the type to try make money from other peoples misery, not everyone thinks along the same lines as you.

Thanks for checkin it out tho

Advertisement