Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Pilger on Palestine (CuCullen)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Fo Real wrote: »
    @ Cullo: Your track is a pile of shíte, seriously. You say you've spent a few DAYS working on it...? It consists of an interview sample of some guy rambling on about the Palestinian cause over a shít, slow, uninteresting beat, and then you layered your propaganda video clips over it. I could do that in 5 minutes, no exaggeration. You're anti-establishment - wow, how clichéd in hip hop. Take off the Che Guevara T-shirt and grow up mate.

Reading a history book wouldn't go amiss either. The British drew lines in the sand in the Middle East and articficially constructed the "Palestinian" people. They never really existed culturally.

Sorry man, didnt realise the idea behind tracks was to make em as quick as possible. The vocal samples are from a few different interviews and I took my time to find the ones I wanted to use rather than throw in random ones which might be what youd do but not me.
    Also took time to find the clips I wanted to use rather than ripping someone elses video which also might be what youd do but not me.
    and wasnt using the beat for myself as its pretty slow with not much happenin in it so thought id use it for this...is that ok with you mate??
    Also have kids and a full time job so normally get about an hour max a day if im lucky so are you sayin I should of started the thread like this...

Just something iz workin on for bout an hour a day for the last 3 days....
    think someone has some growing up to do!

Reading a history book wouldn't go amiss either. The British drew lines in the sand in the Middle East and articficially constructed the "Palestinian" people. They never really existed culturally

So what your saying is the people dont exsist?? That they dont have the right to there own land and state? and what Israel is doing is right?? get a grip man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

The "Palestinian people" is a political construct used to undermine the right of Israel to exist. They've never historically existed. Jordanians, Syrians, Palestinians etc... they are all Arabs at the end of the day. The British divided up the Middle East, designating some Arabs to a patch of sand they called Syria, another bunch of Arabs to Lebannon etc. I suggest you read up on the dissolution of the Ottoman empire.

But it's not my job to educate you on history, especially as this is a hip hop forum, so I'll stick to discussing the music. And my point stands: your track is utter garbage. Never in a million years would I contemplate listening to it again for free on youtube, never mind buying the bloody thing. Still can't believe you spent 3 whole days working on it...wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Fo Real wrote: »
    The "Palestinian people" is a political construct used to undermine the right of Israel to exist. They've never historically existed. Jordanians, Syrians, Palestinians etc... they are all Arabs at the end of the day. The British divided up the Middle East, designating some Arabs to a patch of sand they called Syria, another bunch of Arabs to Lebannon etc. I suggest you read up on the dissolution of the Ottoman empire.

But it's not my job to educate you on history, especially as this is a hip hop forum, so I'll stick to discussing the music. And my point stands: your track is utter garbage. Never in a million years would I contemplate listening to it again for free on youtube, never mind buying the bloody thing. Still can't believe you spent 3 whole days working on it...wow.

As for your first paragraph......No offence but you must be jewish or just plain ignorant. I know what your saying and thanks for your suggestion, I will read up on it more but already know enough on it to know Israel is wrong but that still doesnt give Israel the right to do what ther doing and didnt give them the right to level lebannon to the ground ether, end of.

As for your second paragraph your entitle to your opinion....dont know where your going with selling it tho, Im not the type to try make money from other peoples misery, not everyone thinks along the same lines as you.

Thanks for checkin it out tho

Advertisement