Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushnell Fusion 1600

Options
  • 03-02-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Thinking of getting Bushnell Fusion 1600 rangefinder. Just wondering has anyone any experience using it. Looks impressive on a paper, but what's it like in a field?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Mate of mine got one recently and seems happy with it.
    I didnt get a look at it yet but I hope to soon as I have a leica geovid to compare it with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

zlezlius wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Bushnell Fusion 1600 rangefinder. Just wondering has anyone any experience using it. Looks impressive on a paper, but what's it like in a field?

I still have a Bushnell range finder in the attic, It worked for ~ 6 mnths and never worked since.

Sealed unit so repair was impossible without destryoying the unit.

I've a Nikon 7 years now and i bought that second hand and still going strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

zeissman wrote: »
    Mate of mine got one recently and seems happy with it.
    I didnt get a look at it yet but I hope to soon as I have a leica geovid to compare it with.

in fairness a leica would not be a fair comparison, but if it was nearly as good then it would be money well spent.

i look forward to seeing how it compares. an honest to god man on the street review would be nice;)

here is one i just found on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKhbiBRDQs

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    in fairness a leica would not be a fair comparison, but if it was nearly as good then it would be money well spent.

i look forward to seeing how it compares. an honest to god man on the street review would be nice;)

here is one i just found on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKhbiBRDQs

Yeah I dont expect them to be as good as the leica but I should get a fairly good idea of what they are like.
    I will post a review soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Which do you prefer - the bi-noculars or the mon-ocular?

I prefer monocular. I purchased the Leica 1600. There's just no comparison glass wise and I suspect the technology is better.

What's the price on the Bushnell 1600?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

I would agree with paulo-leica is probably not the one to compare with price wise first of all(if you take binos with ranger built in).
    I'm a little bit conserned about blue tint they talking about in reviews...
    I'll be looking forward for your review zeissman.
    Thanks lads!

FISMA wrote: »
    Which do you prefer - the bi-noculars or the mon-ocular?

I prefer monocular. I purchased the Leica 1600. There's just no comparison glass wise and I suspect the technology is better.

What's the price on the Bushnell 1600?

Bushnell is arround 700 euro. And yes, I do like the fact of having 2in1- proper binos and rangefinder. How much was the Leica 1600?

Bushnell is arround 700 euro. And yes, I do like the fact of having 2in1- proper binos and rangefinder. How much was the Leica 1600?

the lica is over 2 grand depending on where you look.
    a friend of mine has them and they are un real but to much money for me. thats why i am curious to see how you get on with the bushnell.
    where are you getting them for €700

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    the lica is over 2 grand depending on where you look.
    a friend of mine has them and they are un real but to much money for me. thats why i am curious to see how you get on with the bushnell.
    where are you getting them for €700

640 pounds = 700 euro there abouts. Check this out:

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pName=bushnell-fusion-1600-arc-laser-range-finder-10x42-binocular

P.S. just checked the currency converter, it's more like 750 euro...the pund went up since I was looking at it last time, a while ago

I used to have leica binos and a leica rangefinder but sold both to finance the geovids. Its great having both in the one unit as you can glass an area and if you spot something you can range it instantly.
    I use them for stalking and rabbit shooting.

• Advertisement

Just have a look at this lads.Ranging performance of Fusion is outstanding: it measures up to 1695 meters, thats like 1900yards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drn2NCvcJMo&feature=player_detailpage

The only thing that worries me a bit is this blue kind of tint, which is visible in this video anyways.

Im sure the rangefinder is good enough as ive seen cheap ones that were as accurate as my leicas.
    I would like to see what the optics are like especially in low light conditions.

zeissman wrote: »
    Im sure the rangefinder is good enough as ive seen cheap ones that were as accurate as my leicas.
    I would like to see what the optics are like especially in low light conditions.
    That video looks good. I might have to save my penneys and get one of them

I purchased the Leica 1600 while in the States for $720. It is currently $800, but, I had a coupon!

It is a great piece. It actually looks brighter than the naked eye. Sort of like, but not quite as good, a good pair of yellow lenses. Must be the coating they put on the lens.

I like the ballistic compensator - pretty much the reason I purchased her.

It tells the temp, pressure, and humidity. I wish I were good enough to factor in humidity and atmospheric pressure. I would trade all three in for a laser that could read the wind.

I don't know what it is about myself and binoculars. I've got great vision, still probably around 20/15 but not the 20/10 I used to have. I just do not like using both eyes. Also, when glassing the field on scope or monocular, I usually keep both eyes open and have become proficient in acquiring game using both and getting the cross hairs on target.

When I was younger, a deer popped up out of nowhere, about 40 yards, I had the scope cranked up to 9x, put the scope to my shoulder, the deer ran, and I closed an eye - Epic Fail - amateur mistake! Never picked him up - a couple of hops, he's in the next field.

The auld-fella deer hunters know that all you need for deer is a fixed 4x scope with a 32mm bell.

I'm a little bit conserned about blue tint they talking about in reviews...

Light wise, blue and yellow are complementary colors. Yellow is red and green mixed. Thus, when you mix blue and yellow(red&green) you get white.
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Is it blue though? Or more purple?

Anyhow, you'll see this a lot throughout your household.

I believe, but have not a source to back me up, that blue light does not fall properly on our retina. Thus, blue makes image appear hazy or fuzzy. Hence, whenever you use yellow lenses, things appear brighter because of the complementary nature of blue and yellow.

That always bothers me, that you can filter out light and the image gets brighter? It doesn't make sense and indeed I do not think that's what's going on. It's sharpness and clarity that we are talking about. By blocking the blue - haze, the image appears sharper.

Anyhow, you see the same effect in your bathroom. Ever notice that a lot of toothpastes, mouthwash, and bowl cleaners are blue? Correct, blue on yellow stains makes the surface appear whiter!

Also, if you have yellow stains in a white shirt, you don't use bleach to get them out. Try some blue fabric softener.

Get a pair of the below. After wearing them for a few hours when you take them off, the world will not appear to be the correct color, it will be much more hazy and blue.
    ok-11-118.jpg

Also, keep in mind that these coatings are important in making the lens non-reflecting.

Glass surfaces reflect about 4% of light that is incident upon it. High quality cameras, lenses, scopes, may have multiple lenses, 6 to 10 maybe. Do the math, that's a lot of light bouncing around, interfering with itself and producing background haze that can reduce image quality.

By reducing the reflection, light transmission is increased.

Usually, they design the thickness of the coating to eliminate the light right in the middle of the spectrum. At the ends of the spectrum we have red and violet. Guess what you're brain perceives red and violet as? Correct - purple!

Color and the mind are a tricky business. Have a look at this applet and see you'll see colors disappearing. Actually, they never do, but you'll swear they do.
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/mot_mib/index.html

The complete list
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/

Wait until you see just how bad we are with greyscale.
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/lum_adelsonCheckShadow/index.html

That is some theory FISMA! :)

That is some theory FISMA! :)

Most of it is optics, posted a similar question in the Physics forum.

The only part I am not sure about is the biology part - how the blue light falls in our eyes.

I believe the blue falls short, which is what makes images look fuzzy. THe yellow lens filters the blue light, and you see the image clearer, but your brain interprets the image as being brighter.

Sounds good though!

Yes, received my Fusion last week, first impression was very good: ranged trees at 1300 yards through my bedroom window (closed), within a second. Very clear glass.There's a bit of blue tint , but only noteceble after you compare with other optics. Othervise you wouldn't think of it. At least I wouldn't. What impressed me a lot was that you can select rifle mod and choose bullet trajectory ref. your bullet ballistics data, and it will show the hold up in inches or MOA. Worked +/-1 inch up to 500 yards for 55 gr V-max. Very useful for them quick lamping shots when it's hard to guess the range+bullet drop.1+ for the low light conditions:still very clear glass and ranging up to 1200 yards at 2am in the morning on a trees (pitch black). Quite heavy, but not hevier than other top brand ranger+ binos 2in1 stuff, which might cost up to double or even triple.
    Conclution: definately wourth the money. At least I'm very happy with them.

Yes, received my Fusion last week, first impression was very good: ranged trees at 1300 yards through my bedroom window (closed), within a second. Very clear glass.There's a bit of blue tint , but only noteceble after you compare with other optics. Othervise you wouldn't think of it. At least I wouldn't. What impressed me a lot was that you can select rifle mod and choose bullet trajectory ref. your bullet ballistics data, and it will show the hold up in inches or MOA. Worked +/-1 inch up to 500 yards for 55 gr V-max. Very useful for them quick lamping shots when it's hard to guess the range+bullet drop.1+ for the low light conditions:still very clear glass and ranging up to 1200 yards at 2am in the morning on a trees (pitch black). Quite heavy, but not hevier than other top brand ranger+ binos 2in1 stuff, which might cost up to double or even triple.
    Conclution: definately wourth the money. At least I'm very happy with them.

Nice one well wear.
    I will have to meet up with you for a look threw them. I think I will get one my self if they are as good as you say.

Advertisement