Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones with detachable cord?

• 03-02-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Hey lads after breaking my sennheiser's for the umpteenth time, sick of sending them in for repair. What keeps happening is that the wire keeps breaking at the point they enter the ear piece. Thus I have decided to go for a pair with a detachable cable. I wear them out quite a lot and I listen to broad range of music, folk, drum and bass, house, rap, techno, metal etc. I want to spend around a hundred squid but could be tempted to reach for 150 if its worth it :). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You don't mention what type you want, open or closed; around or on ear. Or what model you had previously. If it was breaking constantly at the entry to the housing then there maybe something to do with the way you store them. Most of the times I've broken my head/earphones have been at the audio jack.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd668_b.htm
    review here
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-668-b

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=27277&type=product
    I have these and to be honest they're nothing special, I use them for playing xbox live as they have a handy volume control as I use a monitor with vga output and no speakers.

I think the sennheiser hd 25 has removable cable but you'd have to check carefully as there are several models in the series.
    There are probably more if you search head-fi.org but I can't think of any of the top of my head.

Panasonic's RP-HJE900 Zirconia Audiophile In-Ear Headphones have removable and replaceable wire cords. 99bucks on jandr.com . there are not many earphones (in-ear ones in any case) that come with detatchable cords, certainly no cheap ones that I know of. also you may find that the replacement wires may not be easily available.

however as the other poster said you are probably breaking them because you are wrapping them and storing them incorrectly.

this is how to wrap earphones, not around your player for example.

and if you are putting them in your pocket pun them in a soft protective pouch.
    I used to go through earphones, both cheap and not cheap at a rate of knots but since doing these 2 simple steps nothing has broken on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I had a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 II Closed Back On-ear headphones previously, would prefer to stay with a similar style. Those superlux sound good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I had a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 II Closed Back On-ear headphones previously, would prefer to stay with a similar style. Those superlux sound good though!

What about these. Beyer Dynamic DT 150

41yRHWfKeyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As you can see the cord is detachable at the side.

I have the DT 100's, bought them in 1983:) and they are still working fine, if you buy watch which ohm version you choose.

A great plus re the Beyer Dynamic headphones, you can buy any of the parts separately:)

Tell us what you do.

Advertisement