Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 year old Leaving Cert help!!

• 03-02-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm repeating my Leaving Cert this year from home. Im doing 5 subjects (irish, english, french, geography and business) but i had to give up ag science as i only started in Sept and it was too time consuming (i'm repeating from home). I then attempted home economics but that was not going in either. Anything science related just does not agree with me. I thought about doing history but i've been warned that it would be too much to do in 4 months.

Basically i need someone to suggest what subject could i realistically take up now and get a C3 higher level grade in June?

I know 4 months is not long but i'm prepared to work my ass off!

Some help would be great guys,

Thanks

Roisin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've heard the Economics course is very doable in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Religion maybe? Have a flick through the exam or book and see if it would suit you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Art.
    Get the Art history sorted and learn the basics of sketching a person and a C3 is definitely possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

Classical Studies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'd also go with Art or Religion, but make sure if you choose Art that you get some help putting your portfolio together. Same for religion - the course is very doable but make sure you have someone to guide you through the project - easy place to pick up points.

Look through the exam papers and marking schemes on http://www.examinations.ie to see if you think they'd suit you.

You'll also find details of the syllabus for each subject here:
    http://www.curriculumonline.ie/en/Post-Primary_Curriculum/Senior_Cycle_Curriculum/Leaving_Certificate_Established/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roisin24

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your replies you're all great!

I've made the decision to take up Economics as a lot of it ties in with Business, which i am already doing. Fingers crossed all goes to plan!!

Kind regards,

Roisin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Any really. i got literally about 12 hours of grinds from my uncle in maths over 2 weeks just before i did the leaving cert and i got a c1 in pass...and i got 17 percent in the mocks.... if ur just looking for a c then pick 60% of the exam and learn it well and dont even look at the rest of it until u get into the exam and then just write down ****e for the other 30% and ya might get a few attempt marks as a little bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

spurious wrote: »
    Art.
    Get the Art history sorted and learn the basics of sketching a person and a C3 is definitely possible.

Don't think it'd be possible for her to take up art now anyway. It involves taking a practical and I'm pretty sure there's a certain date you'd have to have that course registered by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Don't think it'd be possible for her to take up art now anyway. It involves taking a practical and I'm pretty sure there's a certain date you'd have to have that course registered by.

Yes that's true. It's too late to register as an external for Art this year.

Advertisement