Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this thing?! (Hunterswood Sallins)

Options
  • 03-02-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

This could take some explaining....!

There is a contraption in our housing estate - I'm just wondering what it is. It's in a fenced off area on its own, in the middle of the estate. It looks like a standard street lamp (the antique looking ones) but its not painted, just plain steel. And it has a single red bulb at the top. It rearely lights but once every 3 or 4 months the red bulb flashes on an off at a slow pace for about a day.

That's it! Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Mobile phone mast?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

Nope, it aint a mast.

Try these pictures...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Possibly a sewer vent? Not sure about the light though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

thats weird!! why dont you ring the council and ask about it, they might find out for you, you could say youre concerned about electromagnetic waves or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Underneath is Irelands only missile silo containing massive nuclear weapons. Pointed at Longford. The Ariel is a device to receive signals from KCC.

The post you see is actually the pointy yoke at the top of the Missile . Apparently when FF where in, berty made the silo to small and big missiles dont fit in it.

Dont go near it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Underneath is Irelands only missile silo containing massive nuclear weapons. Pointed at Longford. The Ariel is a device to receive signals from KCC.

The post you see is actually the pointy yoke at the top of the Missile . Apparently when FF where in, berty made the silo to small and big missiles dont fit in it.

Dont go near it.

Brilliant, lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That is a Mattabooboo.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

haha! nice one yogi!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

SQ2 wrote: »
    Possibly a sewer vent? Not sure about the light though

Or something to do with gas supply ?
    im interested to know the answer now myself

• Advertisement

Its more than likely a warning light beacon.

On what looks like a pump station under the road.

It must be set high as there may be walls around the normal warning light on the steel boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Missing piece of my Lego star wars space ship from a long time ago in a sitting room far far away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Radon gas detector, when the red light flashes the allowable rads per sec omitted has exceeded safe dosages.
    Basically you live in Chernobyl but don't worry, it'll be years before things start falling off.

Only joking, I'm sure it's not that, trust me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

MMDS for the TV signal? That silver box to the right of the post looks like a UPC installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Underneath there's an interceptor for filtering sludge, oil, fat or whatever out of the run off or waste water and the light indicates it's in operation or if the light is on too much it may need to be cleaned out.

Advertisement