Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Fishing.Curragh Springs.

Options
  • 03-02-2011 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Great day had today at Curragh Springs,never new there was a lake on the Curragh.I caught six rainbow over 5 hours the best about 7lbs. Considering there was gale force winds and the owner thought I was mad I really enjoyed it.Looking forward to a summer evening there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

is this a fly only fishery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

thermo wrote: »
    is this a fly only fishery?

No just debarbed flies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Silverfox.

Yes thermo,its a fly fishing only.catch and release with barbless hooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Lol, my mate rang Shaun yesterday to see about going out tomorrow and he said there was some mad lunatic out there in the storm alright!!!! He did also say you were having a good day and catching on lures? Looking forward to tomorrow as the wind should die down for the day....hopefully. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bonzer79

Thinking of heading out for a day in Curragh Springs with a couple of friends who haven''t fished before, would anyone know is it possible to rent equipment on the day? I have 2 rods but there would be 3 of us going so any info would be a great help, thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone in the coming season! Tight Lines.

• Advertisement

Hi Bonzer,I will be talking to Shaun tomorrow about a days fishing next week.I will ask him and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

where on the Curragh is Curragh Springs???

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

You can check out http://www.irishflyfisher.ie/?p=1268 for a review, directions and contact number.

Leave the motorway,go thru the Curragh Camp,turn left at the Brownstown Inn the pub at the crossroads.Take the second right road,Curragh Springs is 500yds on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Had one of the toughest days ever today, just one small 2lber, pissings of rain all day and kept falling over myself, just not on form. Matey had a good day though with 4 fish, 3 were 4/5 lb and one small 2lber......

315e823e89.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 camolot

Had a great day out there yesterday.. highly recommend... was a windy day out there and a bit of rain... started a bit slow.. but landed a prize 6lber lovely fish and great fight.. Shaun was there to meet us on arrival and couldnt have done enough.. was catch and release so was hard to put the catch back as i have a place for it on the wall at home... but will get him again in the near future... top spot and looking forward to getting out there again.. and just to let you know.. apologies silverfox but the curragh springs is on the right hand side and not the left... easy to drive by it.. so keep the eyes peeled. but all other directions are bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

got out there today for a couple of hours. Only managed two on a minnow while I was there. First one I got on the hook I was playing and it just bolted like a freight train and broke the lure straigh off the line. Man alive theyre hard fighting fish. would have liked a few more though, lads around me reeling them in, I got talking to one lad, he was fishing pretty much the same set up as my self but I was having no luck. Anyways cant complain! Good day, just a shame its a bit of a drive

Advertisement